minor car accident. (1 Viewer)

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, so today while i was in the carpark i had a little accident with someone and i think its my fault im not too sure but they just said don't worry about it and makes me thing like its there fault ?

So i was parked and i reversed out, and out of no where there was a car behind me like right up my ass, i don't even know what he is doing there. I think he might of been chucking a U turn and i hit him.

it was only a minor scrape but the guy said don't worry about it and drove off.
was it my fault or his fault? i was pretty rushed to leave aswell so i just relied on my parking sensor to beep if theres something behind me and nothing happend =/

thanks.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Does it matter? If neither if you took details there's not much you can do about it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also sounds like your fault if you were just relying on the sensor, that's actually pretty negligent.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i briefly checked my mirrors thought. i have his licence plate though.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, so today while i was in the carpark i had a little accident with someone and i think its my fault im not too sure but they just said don't worry about it and makes me thing like its there fault ?

So i was parked and i reversed out, and out of no where there was a car behind me like right up my ass, i don't even know what he is doing there. I think he might of been chucking a U turn and i hit him.

was it my fault or his fault? i was pretty rushed to leave aswell so i just relied on my parking sensor to beep if theres something behind me and nothing happend =/

thanks.
Sounds like it's more your fault than his.

Parking sensors only tell you what's directly behind you as opposed to what is occurring peripherally.

barbernator

HSC
yep, it was your fault, but dw bout it, just be thankful u didnt have to pay. you got lucky :D

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

thanks.
All traffic incidents need to be reported, more to cover you're own ass than anything because the other bloke might go later and say your tore off his bumper.
Also relying on your sensor is pretty stupid.

Likely scenario, both be hit with a Neg driving charge.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
All traffic incidents need to be reported, more to cover you're own ass than anything because the other bloke might go later and say your tore off his bumper.
Also relying on your sensor is pretty stupid.

Likely scenario, both be hit with a Neg driving charge.
i did like little to no damage to him, he scraped more paint of mine even though it wouldn't make a difference.

It would be his fault if he was doing a U turn and hit me as i was reversing out right? dammit i should go back and ask the spectators from the shop what happened.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i did like little to no damage to him, he scraped more paint of mine even though it wouldn't make a difference.

It would be his fault if he was doing a U turn and hit me as i was reversing out right? dammit i should go back and ask the spectators from the shop what happened.
Nope.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

The reversing vehicle has the greater duty of care, in other words must give way to everything.
Him performing a Uturn in a carpark is not illegal, but him hitting you might be considered negligence.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it was my fault I went and checked out the area and it said rear to kerb and I parked head first lol.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The fact that he said to just ignore it and then quickly left would suggest he may have been at fault.

Although you are an idiot for not doing the necessary head checks and looking back while reversing.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The fact that he said to just ignore it and then quickly left would suggest he may have been at fault.

Although you are an idiot for not doing the necessary head checks and looking back while reversing.
Says the fella that rode a scooter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)