Misadventure (1 Viewer)

engie_benji

HSC
This may be a silly question, but If you were to classify for a misadventure, how do they work out your mark? I wouldnt imagine they would award you your assessment mark, would they?

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your exam mark would be the higher of the exam mark you would have got and your assessment mark.

So if you missed the exam, you would have received 0, so your assessment mark also becomes your exam mark.

mecramarathon

HSC
Yep

Assessment mark = exam mark

Kinda benefits those who have high internal ranks and take a "sickie" <_<

engie_benji

HSC
So, your telling me, if your assessment mark is 86 say, that is the lowest possible mark you can receive for that subject? But if you do better than 86, you are awarded higher marks?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So, your telling me, if your assessment mark is 86 say, that is the lowest possible mark you can receive for that subject? But if you do better than 86, you are awarded higher marks?
Correct.

engie_benji

HSC
i suppose there's really no other way they could do it, though that is a big advantage for some people who's schools do easy assessments

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
i suppose there's really no other way they could do it, though that is a big advantage for some people who's schools do easy assessments
No - as the moderation process still comes into play.

So what happens is that the misadventure student is taken out of the moderation equation. Then when that is completed that student is slotted back in keeping in mind the gaps and ranks.

e.g. Student ranked 8th is sick on the day. There are 21 students in the class. So 20 students marks are used in the moderation process and the gap between 7th and 9th is kept allowing space for 8th to be slotted in there.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
And what if you were ranked first?
Same thing as far as I am aware - they take account of the gap between you and second and give you an assessment mark that reflects that gap - so if you were two marks ahead then you would stay two marks ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)