• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

missy higgins (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i'm going to the one in newie on 20 april!! my mate got the tickets yesterday and we're 6 rows from the front :D yay!

i haven't listened to her for a while admittedly..she sorta got overplayed..but i still love her and i'm really excited to go see her :D

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
sae her live, opening at the JBT concert, that was berfore she became real big...i was impressed.......now i can't stand her.
same. where abouts was this concert?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
im going to the one at central coast leagues...
its over 18s and general admission

HSC
Sphyx said:
same. where abouts was this concert?

JBT at um enmore theatre or something like...JBT fkn rocked.....missy was allright....now i can't stand her, everytime i hear a song of hers i go out of my way to change the channel or block my ears, she's tainted my view of the australian mainstream industry lol that's how much i can't stand her.

SharkBait

HSC
miss missy

reckon missy higgins is pretty aiite. i used to hate 'scar' wit a passion..i still dont understand y she chose to release scar as her debut, i mean, some of her others are WAAAAy better. my fave is 'nightminds' altho some of her latest singles are awesome as well. i shud really get her album...hmm..
Go missy!!!

Sharkbait

HSC
me neither. usually i don't mind her style of music, but i was given her cd and can't get into it at all ..

HSC
I saw her play at Waveaid and it was so good. She's a complete psycho! When she played "Casulty" she was fully getting into it and jumping up and down and having so much fun. It was fantastic

Is anyone going to see her play in Syd?

Aussiechick

HSC
I love her music, especially 'The Special Two' and 'Sound of White'. I'm going to see her in concert at the Wollongong uni hall, I can't wait! not only is it going to be my first concert at my uni, but its one of my fave artists :D

artfag

Banned
HSC
life.like.that. said:
I saw her play at Waveaid and it was so good. She's a complete psycho! When she played "Casulty" she was fully getting into it and jumping up and down and having so much fun. It was fantastic

Is anyone going to see her play in Syd?
whoah that's so psycho!!!!

SharkBait

HSC
love it

i finally got her album and its f**kin AWESOME. i cant believe i was soooo indecisive about whether to buy it or not. i couldnt imagine living without it now. lol. but srsly, every song on the album i like. i neva skip songs when i put on her cd. my faves are 'all for believin', 'they weren't there' and 'the special two'.
*sigh* missy!!! u rock.
p.s F*k, missy played a gig at manning bar??????????????????????????? when the hell was dis and why wasnt i informed? *hits self ova the head*

tempco

HSC
her accent irritates me. her music style is decent though.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i got over her album reasonably quickly coz i played it too much but i saw her perform the other day and she was awesome..don't knock missy until you hear her live :uhhuh:

7th Sign

HSC
you must be def here music is totally trash i want to go to missy higgens cd making plant and burn it.....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I can't believe people are knocking her accent.... it's refreshing to hear someone singing with an Australian accent in my opinion.

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
I can't believe people are knocking her accent.... it's refreshing to hear someone singing with an Australian accent in my opinion.
Refreshing maybe. But I feel it won't be long untill the sound of knocking at the door by Mr. US dollar forces her to sing properly, not like a tortured cat. Even a tortured cat who is obviously from Melbourne. Home grown is all when and good until you want to acheive more than an ARIA (Estimated to be worth a similar amount to supporting a supporting act to a band that was once given a passing mention and a 3/5 in an American issue of Rolling Stone).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)