Mobile Phone Virus (1 Viewer)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Just wanna know if anyone here ever have a mobile phone infected by one of these new viruses...

I think my mobile was infected by one because the battery suddenly ran out very quickly, then I will charge it, but the battery ran out fast again. I didn't even use my phone. Anybody know what caused this?

Thanks.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
never had a phone infected myself, but ive knwon about mobile phone viruses for a while.

could also be a battery fuck up, rechargable batteries arn't the best thing ever, if they were, mp3 players and phones would last forever

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
But yesterday, everything is fine. I thought if the problem is on the battery, it would happen gradually, not instantly like this. I ran a check now, and let see what happen.

And about the mobile phone virus, is it usually I have to install something (like .sis) or the virus can install itself automatically?

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I think the virus run some program behind the scene so it sucks up a lot of battery power. I have had the mobile for almost a year and there is no sign of battery faulty or weakening. Everything is normal up until this morning.

I still can't find what cause this...:mad1:

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Did you drop it on the battery's side?
Nope.
Turn on Enhanced Data Rate on the phone?
What is it? Can you explain it please?
Either way, the chances of a mobile phone virus are pretty small. It's never even been reported in Australia...
Yeah, I really hope it's not virus. Thanks to make me a bit relief.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I am using Motorola phone and in 3 network. I still suspect that the trouble came when I was downloading from 3 network, maybe the virus was in one of the stuff that I downloaded. Still hope it's not virus though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you've managed to increase battery consumption somehow. You sure you haven't changed any settings? Mind you, batteries do reach a point where they can drain very fast if you've used the phone alot (but usually this takes more than a year? unless you're a super heavy user), or have been recharging it more often than you should have (wearing out the battery/taking up more charging cycles), etc..

Doubt it's a virus- currently, mobile phone viruses are mainly on the nokia series60 platform and are transferred usually via Bluetooth (whereby the recipient has to actually 'accept' the file) or are bundled with pirated software.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Thanks. I don't change anything prior to that day. Now the battery is getting better because I delete some stuff. If the battery is the problem, then I don't think it would get better, wouldn't it? But I agree with you that it cannot be a virus. It is rare.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You could just have dodgy/outdated firmware- usually firmware revisions fix battery issues.

If you are an 'early adopter' then you might have very old software on the phone which is inefficient at managing battery usage- my 3650 was a pre-release English model (ie. leaked firmware applied to Chinese model) which ran the battery dead really fast.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
politik said:
A virus cannot cause fast battery loss - its probably a faulty battery.
yes it can. if a virus is constantly searching for other phones via bluetooth, this can significantly reduce battery life.

politik said:
The chances of a mobile phone virus are pretty small. It's never even been reported in Australia...
um, not really. ever heard of caribe? even i got that one.

politik said:
It is a code that allows you to trade better call quality for 33% lower battery life. It can be turned on by a simple setting change in some Nokia phones.
it's EFR, not EDR. and it decreases TALK TIME by 5% if you have it switched on. but this is irrelevant anyway, as he has a motorola phone and i'm pretty sure he would have known if he switched it on.

anyways, to the starter of this thread - have you moved home recently or are you constantly in an area where the phone is switching between 2G and 3G networks? because this can chew up a fair amount of battery life, even when the phone is in idle.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
breaking said:
yes it can. if a virus is constantly searching for other phones via bluetooth, this can significantly reduce battery life.
I never turned on my bluetooth so I don't think this is the problem.

breaking said:
anyways, to the starter of this thread - have you moved home recently or are you constantly in an area where the phone is switching between 2G and 3G networks? because this can chew up a fair amount of battery life, even when the phone is in idle.
Oh yeah, I am in an area where the phone is switching between 2G and 3G networks, but I have been here since I bought the phone and there was never a problem.

And now, I realise that the battery also eat up when I turned off the phone, and I think it is even faster than when I turned it on. What happen?:confused:

7th Sign

HSC
politik said:
A virus cannot cause fast battery loss - its probably a faulty battery.

ahh yes it can,

my old phone also had a software virus, the sync of the battery is in turn effected by the software errors in turn stuffing the battery sync.

my phone got stuffed by a virus in a java game and also by a virus in a phone software as I downloaded it from a dodgey site.

Phone viruses come from - java games/blue tooth/data cable transfers/new software etc etc...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
7th Sign said:
ahh yes it can,

my old phone also had a software virus, the sync of the battery is in turn effected by the software errors in turn stuffing the battery sync.

my phone got stuffed by a virus in a java game and also by a virus in a phone software as I downloaded it from a dodgey site.

Phone viruses come from - java games/blue tooth/data cable transfers/new software etc etc...
lol yea politik likes to think he knows wat hes on about :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)