MOD 7 Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Greninja340

HSC
How difficult is mod 7 of chemistry compared to the rest of the course

Husky

HSC
How difficult is mod 7 of chemistry compared to the rest of the course
I think it’s definitely very content heavy which is why it may be perceived as the hardest, although I feel it’s not directly the hardest. For me what is most difficult is when module 7 is mixed with other modules to produce questions which are pretty challenging imo.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Relatively easy as the questions are largely predictable and just repeats of similar things. So if you do a good amount of practice questions there won't really be anything that is too difficult as it will always come back to similar things. Some students find it hard because they don't do enough practice on it as there is a decent amount of content, but the base of the content is pretty easy to understand.

The most difficult modules are probably module 6 and 8.

The majority of what you learn in Organic Chemistry for HSC is just memorising things:
- naming organic molecules which is fairly simple as it follows a set of general rules that once you learn are easy to remember
- memorising what a certain reaction makes which at it's base is just A + B --> C, as they don't ask you to explain why it's happening so you just have to make a list of reactions to answer these kinds of questions
- boiling points and solubility ==> general questions that are answered always in a similar way
- polymers ==> predictable questions and mainly memorising stuff in terms of properties and uses of polymers
- some calculations to do with molar heat of combustion very similar to Year 11 topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)