mod chips (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Try googling those terms in the Australian Google jayz. :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
There are a lot of those shops that sell modchips in the city.

But I'm not sure if they would sell it over the counter.

They usually tend to mod it for you for a price, which is the better option. You certainly don't want to screw up your PS2/XBOX but modifying it yourself.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
You certainly don't want to screw up your PS2/XBOX but modifying it yourself.
True, otherwise it's money down the drain and acts as an (expensive) paperweight! :)

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rahul
they arent there any more..
cause theyre illegal now

lets advertise modchips here and get the board shut down like isonews :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
yeah i wana know
and how much $ are we talking about?

MoNNiE

HSC
my sister's friend does chipping..i dunno how much...
i'll *cough* try and *cough* find out for you..but his pretty reasonable..i THINK!

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
i doubt mod chips are illegal
it voids your warranty though

Huss

HSC
N/A
no i think recently they have mad it illegal again because of some stupid reason. cant exactly remember the reason tho...

is a roflcopter
HSC
yeah who cares

and i still dont think its illegal
purchasing a ps2 gives me total control of it
so i can mod it to how i see fit

deviant

hmm, if u mod ur console, would it restrict u from playing those mass multiplayer online games?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i dont think so, because im pretty sure all you need to do is rego a new account.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by deviant
if u mod ur console, would it restrict u from playing those mass multiplayer online games?
No. Any online gaming network such as Xbox Live! or Central Station (Network Gaming), via Ethernet - will (sometimes, depends on the game/network connected to) check if you have an "intact" console.

Most modchips these days will allow for stealth or contain a switch (built-in), shown externally as a switch (on/off, just flick the switch) to enable or disable any stealth modes. With the chip on, naturally you would be 'rejected' from connecting to any server(s) - however you can disable any modchip functions and it will appear as a non-chipped console, as any other. Chipping your console does not restrict you from anything, but rather it opens up new avenues for your gaming experience, however invalidating your warranty (voiding). I can only comment on the PS2, but not the Xbox (however I do know of chips that have external on/off switches, enabling and disabling stealth modes). With the PS2, you only have to power it on via the Eject button and hold it for a few seconds, to enable or disable the stealth modes (allowing you to play online, if the game checks for consoles that have chips in them).
Originally posted by copious
i dont think so, because im pretty sure all you need to do is rego a new account.
With the PS2, you are only allowed one account, if I'm not mistaken. During the registration process (via the PS2 Network Adapter), over Ethernet, you're asked a series of questions and one of the registration requirements had been the PS2 serial number. I assume this is to check that your console has not been stolen, or otherwise, as the Network Access Disc states:

REGISTERING YOUR EQUIPMENT
During registration you will also need to confirm your PlayStation(R) 2 Serial Number and Model Number. These can be found on the information panel on the rear of your console. You will need to write these numbers down before securing your Network Adapter to your PlayStation(R) 2, as once the adapter is in place it will obscure the panel.

Also, and I think this is important (found on the Network Access Disc, important information and access code sheet).

The two numbers below make up your unique temporary access code that will allow you to reserve your personal gaming handle and register your mailing address. Please keep this code in a safe place.

So you cannot "double up" on creating new gaming aliases, unless you buy another Network Adapter, and register your own Network Adapter, a brand new (or PS2 that has never connected to the Central Station Gaming Network). You can always have your password re-sent to your email address if you've forgotten your password. I've never had to forget my username, so I don't know what the procedure is for that - but I'm sure there's one in place. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)