Modern History Research Task (1 Viewer)

hscstudent2021

HSC
Hey guys,

I've got a modern research task on the Pacific War, and it is to write a 1000 word essay on,
Assess the impact of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere on occupied territories in South - East Asia up to the Japanese surrender
I've written an introduction at the moment, would love some feedback. It's a bit too lengthy right now, planning on cutting it down to 100.

Following the tactical victory in the attack of Pearl Harbour, Japan’s attention sharpened southwards in an attempt to complete their political doctrine, Nanshin-ron, which sought to place South-East Asia under the Japanese sphere of influence for the Empire’s economic and territorial prosperity in the war against China. Subsequently, this leads to Japan’s aggressive expansion upon its southern neighbours, justifying themselves under the name of achieving the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, an Asia for Asians. Within this process, the annexed territories were ultimately divided into two categories, with nations such as Philippines and Burma placed under Japan’s direct military administration, whilst Thailand and Indochina continued their Pre-War Structure. Although indifferent in most aspects, the social, political and economic lives were highly comparable between the two categories, with those under direct military administration often seeing themselves at the forefront of brutality. As a result, the impact of the Japanese expansion can be one divided into the two different categories of governance.

This is my plan for the essay as well-

Intro 100
Body Paragraph 1 200
  • French Indochina
Body Paragraph 2 200
  • Thailand
Body Paragraph 3 200
  • Philippines
Body Paragraph 4 200
  • Burma
Conclusion 100

(Basically dividing 4 paragraphs into 2 nations with direct administration and 2 from pre-war structure)
Japan’s direct military administration)-
  • Philippines
  • Burma
Pre-war structure
  • Thailand
  • French Indochina

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)