modern - power and Authority (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
can someone pls explain how to answer perspective questions e.g. 10 marks - compare the perspectives of source and b
how would we structure it

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Perspective is basically who wrote it and for what purpose? Like e.g. Source A might be a propaganda piece such as a poster designed to indoctrinate the German population whereas Source B could be a lecture delivered by a historian on Hitler's use of mass media or smth.

Since it's 10 marks, I would structure it by starting with a general statement on both the sources collectively.

Using the above example, maybe something along the lines of - Both sources provide valuable insight into the Nazi regime’s extensive use of propaganda as a tool for indoctrination. However, the perspectives offered are diverse due to a range of factors, including the origins of the source which in turn, determine the intent of it. ....

Then write about each source individually and account for the perspective.

E.g. Source A, a primary source, offers a first-hand perspective of the types of propaganda employed to .... Make sure to talk about author, what the poster entails, its purpose, all that analysis.

Then move on to Source B. - Conversely, Source A is an extract from a lecture delivered by a historian. As a secondary source, it provides a longitudinal analysis of the instrument of propaganda .... Talk about motive, audience, etc. and link to perspective.

There are other ways to go about a question like this, but that's how I think I would approach it!

stressedadfff

HSC
Perspective is basically who wrote it and for what purpose? Like e.g. Source A might be a propaganda piece such as a poster designed to indoctrinate the German population whereas Source B could be a lecture delivered by a historian on Hitler's use of mass media or smth.

Since it's 10 marks, I would structure it by starting with a general statement on both the sources collectively.

Using the above example, maybe something along the lines of - Both sources provide valuable insight into the Nazi regime’s extensive use of propaganda as a tool for indoctrination. However, the perspectives offered are diverse due to a range of factors, including the origins of the source which in turn, determine the intent of it. ....

E.g. Source A, a primary source, offers a first-hand perspective of the types of propaganda employed to .... Make sure to talk about author, what the poster entails, its purpose, all that analysis.

Then move on to Source B. - Conversely, Source A is an extract from a lecture delivered by a historian. As a second source, it provides a longitudinal analysis of the instrument of propaganda .... Talk about motive, audience, etc. and link to perspective.

There are other ways to go about a question like this, but that's how I think I would approach it!
thank you!!!
do you know how you would approach the following for 10 marks? Explain the significance of the Reichstag Fire in the initial consolidation of Nazi Power.

stressedadfff

HSC

Then move on to Source B. - Conversely, Source A is an extract from a lecture delivered by a historian. As a secondary source, it provides a longitudinal analysis of the instrument of propaganda .... Talk about motive, audience, etc. and link to perspective.

also would something like this be fine for a view of a police officer on the reichstag fire or would i need more on the motive / purpose?

Source A is a account written by a Nazi police officer and a primary source that lacks the benefit of hindsight. The source suggests that the Reichstag fire was in fact a communist attempt of sedition. As a personal source, Diels suggests that he “thinks Van Der Lubbe started the fire on his own” highlighting the uncertainty of the party members alike, despite blaming the event on the communists. This indicates that the Nazis took advantage of this event to consolidate power and eliminate the largest oppositional group by infiltrating the idea throughout German civilians and the party that the communists attempted ‘sedition’. Diels personal belief is further explored where he believed that Lubbe’s “voluntary confession” suggested he was at fault. As this recount is personal, one could assume that the ‘government’ bias is limited but rather Diels, like others alike, completely agree that the event was ‘communist inspired’. This can suggest the effectiveness of the propaganda and popular myths being revealed by the Nazi Regime.

(the first mini body paragraph)

zizi2003_

HSC
hey guys this is probs irrelevant (plus i dont do modern) but generally how are u guys memorising sources and historians and stuff theres soooooo much esp for ancient (im sure there must be a ton of sources to memorise for modern also) 😭 😭 😭

stressedadfff

HSC
hey guys this is probs irrelevant (plus i dont do modern) but generally how are u guys memorising sources and historians and stuff theres soooooo much esp for ancient (im sure there must be a ton of sources to memorise for modern also) 😭 😭 😭
LOL you just make it up TBH

hiiitsme

HSC
Osmosis
osmosis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)