Modern vs Economics (1 Viewer)

Talaaa

HSC
I was wondering which subject requires more work and which scales better. In terms of diffcukty and the skills you require could someone give me some more insight into the nature of both subject.
Cheers 😁

jojosiwa123

HSC
pretty sure eco scales better. in terms of which one requires more work, to me both are kind of similar, it just depends on what you're more interested in.
modern was fairly easy ngl, as long as you know how to write a good essay, you can write an essay for every syllabus and get a b6, while with eco its a bit less predictable as there's a multiple choice section too (in terms of hsc exams).
in terms of actual content again I think it's each to their own (so unhelpful hahaha), I know plenty who love or hate both subjects. in my experience people who like english tend to like modern since there's a lot of essay writing and it's more about the social aspects of the modern world. eco is about the practical aspects of the world like supply and demand, trade relations- stuff you'll see on the news.
honestly just pick whichever one interests you most, that'll be most beneficial to your atar...but you still have a year to decide so take it easy lol

aandablitzer

HSC
Especially at band 6 level the scaling difference is negligible. In terms of workload modern is more about memorising loads of stats and regurgitating them in a rigid, structured essay with lots of 'sophisticated' vocabulary. Eco is more about understanding concepts and applying them, also the essays are epic because structure can be very loose. Also expression and that sort of stuff is less important in eco than modern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)