Module 7 practical exam (1 Viewer)

Interdice

HSC
We are doing a practical exam. Teacher's being a bitch and not telling us what the practical is(bio did). It apparently changes every year. My appeals went without ears.

I'm kinda concerned on what can be examined. Module 7 has really difficult practicals. One of the practicals was a zappy thing that didn't work, and shocked you if you touched it.

Give me a list of potential practicals the teacher can give me. Can't be more than like 5 right?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
One of the pracs might be models. Eg our teacher gave us marshmallow and spaghetti sticks to model different organic molecules that he would tell us to make, then asked us questions like: is this a primary or tertiary alcohol etc.
This comes under the modelling dot point, maybe ull get something similar?

carrotsss

HSC
One of the pracs might be models. Eg our teacher gave us marshmallow and spaghetti sticks to model different organic molecules that he would tell us to make, then asked us questions like: is this a primary or tertiary alcohol etc.
This comes under the modelling dot point, maybe ull get something similar?
this is physics not chem

carrotsss

HSC
you can look through your textbook for module 7 to find all of the peace, usually the assessment will specify a subtopic as well which makes it even easier to narrow down.

some ones we’ve done:
- photoelectric effect
- microwaving chocolate
- double slit experiment
- something to do with measuring an absorption spectrum, I was away
- another one that I was away for, I’ll try find out what it was and send it later if u want

howcanibesmarter

HSC
We are doing a practical exam. Teacher's being a bitch and not telling us what the practical is(bio did). It apparently changes every year. My appeals went without ears.

I'm kinda concerned on what can be examined. Module 7 has really difficult practicals. One of the practicals was a zappy thing that didn't work, and shocked you if you touched it.

Give me a list of potential practicals the teacher can give me. Can't be more than like 5 right?
Not trying to throw shade or anything, but typically teachers aren't actually allowed to tell you what practicals are...That's the whole purpose of a practical exam - or any exam in a sense. HOWEVER, that being said, it is highly likely that they assess a practical that you've already done in class before. Generally speaking, they wouldn't test a completely unseen practical and expect you to perform under exam conditions - its just unrealistic. But there is always that case where everything is possible, so I wouldn't get too complacent in case if they do. I would then encourage you to look back to what your class did for Mod 7 practicals. (carrotsss had some notable ones)

As an example, our mod 5 exam was a prac exam testing the simple pendulum. We did the pendulum in class before, so everything was fine. What's good on a practical exam is that it essentially tests a really narrow spectrum of questions. Usually followed up with a graph, finding gradient, using gradient to calculate an unknown. I wouldn't fret too much because even if you mess up the prac, the rest of the questions should be very familiar, if not easy. I would recommend you look into linearisation of data if you haven't already, since some pracs like simple pendulum requires you to do so in order to get the correct results. Plus, everyone else if probably feeling the same thing as of right now. These are just some advice, of course I can't speak for everyone and this is what I think at the end of the day. :) Good Luck!

carrotsss

HSC
Not trying to throw shade or anything, but typically teachers aren't actually allowed to tell you what practicals are...That's the whole purpose of a practical exam - or any exam in a sense. HOWEVER, that being said, it is highly likely that they assess a practical that you've already done in class before. Generally speaking, they wouldn't test a completely unseen practical and expect you to perform under exam conditions - its just unrealistic. But there is always that case where everything is possible, so I wouldn't get too complacent in case if they do. I would then encourage you to look back to what your class did for Mod 7 practicals. (carrotsss had some notable ones)

As an example, our mod 5 exam was a prac exam testing the simple pendulum. We did the pendulum in class before, so everything was fine. What's good on a practical exam is that it essentially tests a really narrow spectrum of questions. Usually followed up with a graph, finding gradient, using gradient to calculate an unknown. I wouldn't fret too much because even if you mess up the prac, the rest of the questions should be very familiar, if not easy. I would recommend you look into linearisation of data if you haven't already, since some pracs like simple pendulum requires you to do so in order to get the correct results. Plus, everyone else if probably feeling the same thing as of right now. These are just some advice, of course I can't speak for everyone and this is what I think at the end of the day. :) Good Luck!
At my school they always tell us exactly what the prac will be beforehand, it depends. then again my school also did a physics assessment where we were told beforehand that all the questions were past HSC questions so we don’t have very high standards lmao

Interdice

HSC
you can look through your textbook for module 7 to find all of the peace, usually the assessment will specify a subtopic as well which makes it even easier to narrow down.

some ones we’ve done:
- photoelectric effect
- microwaving chocolate
- double slit experiment
- something to do with measuring an absorption spectrum, I was away
- another one that I was away for, I’ll try find out what it was and send it later if u want
We did a sus revission on Malus's law. I asked the teacher what that was about and she said "Some of you were confused". Probably photoelectric effect lol

nsw..wollongong

HSC
we did a bit of data analysis based off of double slit apparatus n using malus' law then were asked to make deductions based off of how the light intensity changes depending on the polariser's angle, so ur assessment wouldn't be large pracs bc teachers need to be mindful of time and space

howcanibesmarter

HSC
At my school they always tell us exactly what the prac will be beforehand, it depends. then again my school also did a physics assessment where we were told beforehand that all the questions were past HSC questions so we don’t have very high standards lmao
Oh lmao nvm then...yea ig different schools have different methods. Ours never told us and we always found out on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)