Module A- BR and BNW (1 Viewer)

kaos12345

HSC
can anyone verify if my response was correct for module A.

i looked at these two ideas which are presented in both texts and then analysed the differences in their representation due to the respective composers context.

Difference 1: Attitudes towards nature= nature marganilsed in BNW,in contrast to BR in which it is destroyed.

Difference 2 : Quality of human relationships and emotions differs between both texts ( BNW emotions are evident yet manipulated, in BR emotions are vacant due to the lack of nature)

Last edited:

~untitled~

HSC
I just talked about differences in context, form and ideologies. The only difference is i dont need varification, i know its wrong

Ademir

HSC
Kaos, i did the same thing basically. Except my second difference was the nature of being human rather than quality of relationships

i somehow worked in consumerism in there just ot make myself feel like ive done everything i studied.

for a second i was considering doing the two differences as "historical context" and "medium of production" but that wouldve been setting myself up for failure. so i settled on thematic differences

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
i did a similar response; talked bout the quality of humanitys relationship w/ nature in both texts and obviously how they differ and the quality of relationships between other humans in both texts

hopefully a high B+ or A response =]

singh in tune

HSC
Hi....is this also correct

1st difference: difference in both settings and used techniqes to support such as film noir

2nd difference- BR shows nature compelelty destroyed where as BNW shows some nature through the reservation

3rd difference- how BR dominated more by commerce and corparate gain where as BNW more concerned with science and sterility

Also, what abt the difference of how BNW set in AF632 is ultrafuturistic and BR in LA2019

Is this correct?

coretez

HSC
yeah singh i did basically the same thing talking about the different setting created by huxley and scott and the different emotions society feels due to technology ie blade runner is dead bnw is hypo cause of soma and stuff dno if my 2nd 1 is that good though lol

Magicana

HSC
As it was a comparative study of texts, I compared and contrasted. Said that they both showed the destruction of the natural world, but highlighted the effects different in regards to: nature and the individual.

Pulled it off in six and a bit pages.

radicaljocy

HSC
I didn't talk about relationships. Whoops.
Did anyone else find that question hard? In class we learned that even though they come from different contexts they both contain the same ideas and then the question asked to analyse two differences. Was it hard or did I just study the wrong stuff.
Oh, well. It's over now.
WE ARE OUT OF THE WILD!!!!

yourfacehere!

HSC
Ok, my first difference was exactly the same as above (nature marginalised/destroyed), but my second difference was how in BNW developments in science are used to control humanity, while in BR it is used to create slaves (replicants) to serve humanity...
bad feeling i've f'd it, i had 35 mins to do it in and nothing else coming...

sickdog12

HSC
nah that happened to me also

i just dont want to think about it.....should get 16 hopefully

Crossye

HSC
My two differences just followed the BOS Rubric, first was the different reasons for absence of nature and its impact on society and second was differences in human interactions and behaviour because of this

Skimo6

HSC
what i did was compare that huxley was a utopian society satirising the totalitarian issues existant at the time he wrote it, and huxleys own contextual background type things
with scotts dystopian society
i think i bought up the replacement of god and things:p

Stephy-89

HSC
Very, very bad question!!! The 3 advanced classes only learnt similiarities!!! lol Umm but i gave a generalisation of multiple similiarities and used the openings to contrast the differences... then i focused on the contextual differences of Huxley ie. effects of war on society then said that BNW provides emphasis on birth ie. opens with Hatchery whilst BR focuses more on death and destruction ie. Deckard must destroy replicants who only have 4 years max, its also evident in the closing scene. But pretty much everyone at school thought it wasnt the best question!!!

x0nel0vex

HSC
radicaljocy said:
I didn't talk about relationships. Whoops.
Did anyone else find that question hard? In class we learned that even though they come from different contexts they both contain the same ideas and then the question asked to analyse two differences. Was it hard or did I just study the wrong stuff.
Oh, well. It's over now.
WE ARE OUT OF THE WILD!!!!
badly---thats the same here... i had NO idea what to write about differences i managed to scrape one major difference out which was basically that nature was repelled in BNW but it jus didn't exist in BR.... but i can't even remember the second point i made and i ran out of time coz i did that question last coz i knew i wouldnt be able to answer it solidly.
the whole time in class we jus focused on how the texts were both similar and presented the same messages even though the contexts were so different.
i'm just hoping that all the stuff i knew about context will pull me through to a near pass haha.
sucks that it was on differences. oh well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)