MODULE A: How do I make study notes? (1 Viewer)

cooperh22091

HSC
Hey guys, for Textual Conversations I'm confused as how to structure my study notes. I'm not sure whether to do study notes that revolve around comparison between the two texts, or two separate sets of study notes for each text. I feel doing the former will restrict some key ideas and quotes and doing the latter will take a really long time and ultimately not be very useful. What do you think is best?

PLEASE HELP... I need it..o_O:(

hschelper01

HSC
Hi!

That's a great question! When I did the comparative study, I had my notes revolving around the comparison between the two texts because it made more sense to me since that's the premise of the module. I think to make the notes separately, while it can enable you to go into more depth, will only make extra work for you later on. You'll have to draw connections between the two texts on top of having to cut it down to what you think the best examples are to bring into the exam. You will be restricted to key ideas and quotes if you take the former approach but you'll know for sure that each text is being considered with the other in mind and that you'll be able to facilitate effective comparison at the end of the day. Ultimately, your aim is to explore their "textual conversation" so I would definitely argue the former is the better way to go!

If you would like to see a good sample of it, here's my notes - structured in the way explained above.

I'd also recommend using your study notes in combination with practice questions! Once you have your content consolidated in one place, I would highly advise applying it to questions. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions ✌✌

Attachments

cooperh22091

HSC
Hey. Thanks for the great response! AMAZING!!! I think a direct comparison would be better. Another q if that's ok: how do I know which quotes to write? The questions can be so specific but if I am only going to memorise a certain number there would be so little I can use. Do you recommend memorising quotes that are adaptable to different questions/ideas, or structure quotes per idea?

hschelper01

HSC
Hey again!

Great follow up question! When you're doing your annotations, try and find - and then filter out - quotes that are adaptable to multiple questions and ideas. This can prevent you from having to memorise 50 quotes from your text and instead settle with perhaps 10 from your text that is flexible and can be worked with on the spot. Once you've paired up your quotes and have them ready for direct comparison to be facilitated, I would try and group them under themes so you can ensure you have a good balance between them (and not 4 quotes for one theme and only 2 for another) :):)

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)