Module B - All Texts (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Module B - All Other Texts

Please discuss King Lear in the other Module B thread.

This thread is for:

Prose Fiction
In the Skin of a Lion
Jane Eyre
Cloudstreet

Poetry
Plath, Sylvia
Donne, John

Drama or Film
Dr Faustus
Citizen Kane

Speeches

Multimedia

Nonfiction
Wild Swans

Last edited:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
speeches was gooood...thank god they didnt specify ...otherwise it would have being a bit moo..... my response wasn't essay like, it was more of a discussion....but i didnt have much trouble with that... i did cicero and socartes..... talked about hte validy of nationalism versus individualism in terms of the immmediate context and contemporary context... i forgot half of my quotes..so didnt pulll my 100%......but just so damn happpi adv eng is over!!!!!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by McLake
Nonfiction
Wild Swans
Goddamn sefton. Why are we one of the few doing WS. It was an ok question, but it's so hard regurgitating/making up WS stuff. SMD.

*throws the 5cm, 700pg thick book in bin*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
w00t
that john donne question was so perfect since i hated the guy so much....let me bullshit and do as much as i could without the worry of having to regurgitate as much techniques as the other stuff

/lol/ notice the sudden decrease in language

swordfish

i was SOOOO excited when they didn't say which speech to do, i was so worried it would be Suu Kyi or McAleese. I did Cicero, Atwood and Pearson....only because i knew lots of quotes:D
it wasn't as bad as i thought and i finished which was very exciting. No more english....amazing! but i almost dont want to take down my posters of quotes because i spent so much time on them!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
This is the only time I wil ever say I love Jane Eyre.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
only had 30min 2 write cloudstreet...but i think i went alrght... i was against the statement...what did you write?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
heheeh... such a good question for Donne... said i love donne...

I must of sounded like one of the teenie boppers for Milsy...

N

ND

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
only had 30min 2 write cloudstreet...but i think i went alrght... i was against the statement...what did you write?
Yep i was against it. I discussed how winton's depiction of the working class gave an insight into the history and class structure of its time, and so would give a good understanding to people in the future etc. (used spiritual/jungian and marxist/historical readings)

miz vl turbo

yep i did cloudstreet and went against the question too.. i basically said that different contexts result in different appreciations of values and crap like that.. then i talked about some other ppls responses and some main ideas of the text, such as the blackfella, omniescent narrator etc.. wat about u? i only wrote 8 pages though.. :(

Pogmahaugn

hmm, i think i did badly in cloudstreet

i took the question too literally and only really talked about the ways different readers would respond to it over time, so i said that no text has a used by date, but the way people react to them changes greatly according to the time and context.

but then i just extended on that in an incomplete sort of way, walking about feminist reader, aboriginal reader, how they have changed between now and 1991, and then how the reactions to the text's language and form have changed over time

i think this was a bad approach...how did others do it (i was very wary of not wanting to reel off a prepared answer, i think this question needed to be done differently to a standard cloudstreet essay, but i could have been wrong...)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i used a few contradicting postcolonial critics and a spritual critic and talk about how the representation of the thematised alienation->belonging is universal in the context of AUstralia and family, also said hoe the critic which was negative towards my argument had weaker textual integrity than the others and had was less valid or sumthing... wanted to write more by the time was a problem hmmm:\

tempco

HSC
Meh.. am I the only person doing Citizen Kane in these forums?? Anyway, I thought that the question for Kane was simple enough.. about it not having a "used-by" date. I wrote a similar essay on it, and I was quite happy with the one I wrote in the exam. Filled a booklet, so I'm satisfied!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I did it differently to most people here. I did two Silvia Plath poems and did two reading for each. For one of the readings I was for the topic and for the other reading I was a against the topic. I think the question wasn't too bad. I had trouble in one of the readings though:).

~Dreamer

HSC
i did socrates speech and emma goldman speech...it was a really good q though, i did it in conversation between a grandfather and a hsc student..

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I did John Donne, I quite liked the question. I disagreed with the statement cos I think his poetry is relevant to today's society and it will never go out of date (esp. his love poems). I did The Sunne Rising, Batter My Heart and A Valediction. What did other people do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)