Module C: RAW (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I thought it was the good. Suited my prepared essay perfectly. I chose quote 2.

Pailin Thivakon

HSC
Thought this was an Ok question. I did part (a) do instituitions support or abandon individuals?

I wrote something about the goals of the institution and the attitudes of those running the institution as being the factors that determined whether an individual was supported or abandoned.

Eg Brett is supported because Sam wanted to help and give him a better future.

goobabanasik

person
HSC
I thought this was a good question im glad that they werent all essay questions and that this was a speech! i Also liked how they gave the option to choose! i chose to do Do individuals embrace or resist Institutions? its a pretty open question i wrote 8pgs but i dont know if im happy with my essay i was running out of time so i quickly wrote this essay and RAW isnt my strongest point either. but i hope i go good!!!

eppingMCE

HSC
Heheh by the time i got up to this one, i was panicking so much that i only saw the two questions and forgot it was a speech... Luckily i read the question during reading time and rembmered after my intro....HEHEH

Oh yeah well i chooses (a), i was so undecisive coz my prepared essay encorporated both aspects.

Last edited:

jason21

HSC
I found the question relatively easy. I picked (a) and talked about how the raw institution supports brett through sam or something. i mentioned Tyson and how he was abandoned by it because he didnt rehabiliate, and contrasted Mr Douglas' family as an institution and his views on Brett, as well as the support from Brett's family as an institution. I did 6 pages, mainly because thats all i can write in 40 mins lol!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Pailin Thivakon said:
Thought this was an Ok question. I did part (a) do instituitions support or abandon individuals?

I wrote something about the goals of the institution and the attitudes of those running the institution as being the factors that determined whether an individual was supported or abandoned.

Eg Brett is supported because Sam wanted to help and give him a better future.
exactly what i did, my only concern is that...the farm doesnt really 'abandon' them it supports but it is unable to benefit those who protest... but yeah i used the word abandon to explain how the Farm can't support those who protest and in the eyes of protestors (Tyson) it seems like the Farm has abandoned him or lost hope?...this would have been better for quote b tho... i didnt realise until i finished, sucks

bear869

Or seven!
HSC
goobabanasik said:
I thought this was a good question im glad that they werent all essay questions and that this was a speech! i Also liked how they gave the option to choose! i chose to do Do individuals embrace or resist Institutions? its a pretty open question i wrote 8pgs but i dont know if im happy with my essay i was running out of time so i quickly wrote this essay and RAW isnt my strongest point either. but i hope i go good!!!
Yeah exactly the same for me! I chose the second quote too, but i was seriously panicked for time i just managed to squeeze out 8 pages, i literaly finshed my last full stop and he said pens down!!

I had a thesis planned for the institution and the individual experience. It was "institutions have the ability to model an individual as the see fit, however to avoid portest from the indivudual against the institution the institution must accomade the individuals needs. So i said Raw was half succesful because he still fucks up but he still learnt stuff, and his needs were mostly looked after, i said for one of my related texts "solitary confinement" The insitution failed because his needs were not looked after and he went stiry crazy, and my other related was a luenig cartoon and i said it was 100% succesful because the individual needs were all catered for.... Or... something like that :).

Gigabyte89

HSC
What the heck, thesis?

I was nevre taught about them!

I did what Jason did, same length aswell, pretty much my essay with more of my opinion.

Gigabyte89

HSC
Hmm that would probably be the best, .:. i wouldn't worry but i have used the trusty google dictionary.

It appears I had many 'thesii' it was different depending on the question.

All you lot talk about as if it was the same thing.
But no i was never taught about them, I just made them up according to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)