Mona Lisa Smile (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
went saw it with mum the other day.... it is v similar to robbin william's *dead poet society* concept wise..

the acting was okay.... the plot was a bit confusing esp the second part of the movie.... there were too mani subplots and it just ruined the effect..

though i like the idea of a mona lisa smile.. she is smiling in the painting..but is she realli smiling insde?... that applies for the gals as well as julia roberts...

anione seen it? ani thoughts? ... i thought the second half of the movie was just a bit of a let down... though the ending is sorta good.. 7 stars

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I saw it with my mummy too, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it definitely makes me glad I'm a female living today, not back then!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i sort of want to c it but i think dead pots society might be better..this looks too cutesy typical thingo....nahh il wait for the dvd :D

TheDreamer

Yeah, Mona Lisa was a great movie but it still lacked the depth and quality; could have been a bit longer as well. I think it was a wasted talent by Julia Roberts. She can do way better that that!!

Compared, Dead Poet's Society is one my favourites so I may be biased.

TheDreamer

I forget the other girl's name, the one in Save the Last Dance. She could have done better as well.

BUt Kirsten Dunst was excellent!! That scene where she ironically screams at her promiscuous friend (forgot name as well. lol) that if any lover actually loved her or something but she was actually talking about herself. That made me see her in a totally different light instead of the ditzy pretty girl.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
Originally posted by TheDreamer
I forget the other girl's name, the one in Save the Last Dance. She could have done better as well.

BUt Kirsten Dunst was excellent!! That scene where she ironically screams at her promiscuous friend (forgot name as well. lol) that if any lover actually loved her or something but she was actually talking about herself. That made me see her in a totally different light instead of the ditzy pretty girl.
maggie gylenhaal (the one being screamed at) or something like that.. i thought she was excellent

TheDreamer

Thanks Misturi and crazylilmonkee. That'll be right. :)
I thought that Maggie played her role well.

To truly_in_bliss, really? Well, I haven't seen Bring It On but it looks like a teen flick, and she was horrible in Spiderman.

Last edited:

jessum

HSC
wow i saw it and thought dead poets society too... we did a study of school movies in year 9.. its kinda ruined them all for me coz now i see techniques and analyse them and its horrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)