Motivation - Goal setting. (1 Viewer)

PRSOV

Ive been reading that some students want advice about goal setting, but I decided to make this in its own thread because I think its important, I would like to add my 2 cents.

I reckon if you only know one thing about goal setting it should be this regardless of whether you apply it to your HSC studies or external etc:

Simply ask yourself the question, for example: "What will happen if I watch TV instead of studying?"...of course you would/will fail... and thence ask yourself "Is watching TV really much more important than getting a UAI of 95?"... Odviously if you think TV is more important then I dont need to continue the rest of this sentence.

Basically if you want to be motivated you have to motivate yourself through what you have achieved. Dreams are never accomplished through no work, they require hard work, the ability for you to see them through and finally the vision for YOU to see that you can achieve it. The HSC isn't any different to anything else in life, if you want good marks you have to work your ass off for them.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I have a book which said that. It's gathering dust. It's good advice, nevertheless. :)

Winston

HSC
Actually how i was motivated to pick up a pen and do a little study was, thinking that day once i get my results what's going to happen etc... thinking ahead about the consequences is a very motivating thing.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
What about those dreams that people accidentally stumble upon that were only a result of their lack of desire to do any hard work? You know those ones...anyway yeah for motivation, i think ahead to the day the UAI's come out next year. I just imagine sitting here on this computer at 6 am and waiting in anticipation as my 56k computer loads up THE PAGE!

Then i see i've gotten under 30 and an axe murderer starts chasing around the house and then im forever falling, falling in a rsmall room full of spiders and snakes and just before the room hits the ground...i wake up.

NOW ARE YOU MOTIVATED!?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
movtivation...

i guess only people who are succesful can be motivated and only people who are motivated are succesful.

and...

only people who are under good circumstance can have succes and vice versa

and .....

only stupid people are still reading this
and if ur stupid ur still reading this l

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
lol thats what im going to be telling myself for the rest of this year...
sometimes if i wait till last minute the whole adrenalin (spelling?) thing kicks in and i end up doing well in assessments.. it doesnt work for me with tests damn

we had this guy come in to our school during pc and tell us about goal setting and stuff...
he was in survivor.. joel betts

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
woah an actual motivational speaker, our skool figured we were hopeless so didnt bother...the adrenaline should b bottled up n sold to us students

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yep, and as i said on the other thread- write down ya goals on a piece of paper then hang it up on ya bedroom wall.
I did that second semester at uni...except it just sat on my desk...when i wrote it down i though i was aiming a bit high..but i ended achieved everything that i wanted :)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I think that the best way to be successful is to have a routine that you can stick to..for example always studying at the same time each day etc. As long as it is realistic :)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Stress is the key, so is competition...but yeah dont stress *too* much!

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
In short... Think about what the rewards will be if you actually achieve your goal!
How great you would feel for accomplishing it...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Stress can motivate you. But seriously, don't stress too much. I remember the week before my trial HSC, I was stressing whether or not if I have remembered all the facts for the exams. i ended up got sick the day before my Trial....ARGH!

Needed a lot of tissues during my exams.....

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
same here....i needed tissues trials as well as during HSC....

also i had flu once every term due to the amount of stress!!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I need a LOT of tissues during my SDD trial exam.

I had the worst flu ever, could barely keep my eyes open. I think I used like 4 packs of those pocket tissues :/

Remember always eat healthy a week before an exam :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i had like the worst flu ever when i was sitting for the selective skool exam, and i didn't have any tissues either- so i was there half the time trying to stop the snot from comming out...and yeah, failed the test in the process. :eek:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I have allergies..and so yeah i was kind of disadvantaged over other students...i mean i could have done better if i wasnt sick the whole time ...i used to have tissues with me all the time...it was real bad...cos it prevents u from performing as well as u are capable of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)