Muji pen (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
I recently purchased a muji pen and everyone says there meant to be very smooth, however mine feels extremely rough against the paper. Is there anything I can do?

HSC
increase the thickness - the pen flows more smoother. initially i had 0.38mm thickness and it was extremely rough like you said, and now i have 0.5mm pens. if you still find it very rough, maybe try 0.7mm

jonhysmitw2

HSC
increase the thickness - the pen flows more smoother. initially i had 0.38mm thickness and it was extremely rough like you said, and now i have 0.5mm pens. if you still find it very rough, maybe try 0.7mm
I have a 0.5 and find it quite rough

airora

HSC
along with pen thickness, it could also be due to the amount of pressure you're writing with, and the thickness of your paper (i.e. writing on a single sheet of paper on your table would feel really scratchy, so layering more sheets underneath would help) :)

fuzi

HSC
I recently purchased a muji pen and everyone says there meant to be very smooth, however mine feels extremely rough against the paper. Is there anything I can do?
Yeah the biggest issue is usually the thickness of the tip like everyone else has said. It really depends at what angle your pen sits at when you write, so the shallower and more parallel you hold your pen to the page, the larger tip size you'll probably need cause at 0.38 for me, the edge of where the ball sits grips the page, giving a not-as-nice writing experience. Could be the paper too but its harder to notice the difference with that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)