15.c
16.d
17.c
18.a
19.c
20.d

hscamper

HSC
pretty much exactly what i got rob... except a couple.. question 11 when i did it i thought could be either a or b but i went a - which now i look at it confuses me :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I didnt like 14
I put C, but now that I think of it, it should be A

according to these answers, i got 19/20

cainen

I got exactly the same as Rob. Hope they're all right..that was a weird exam. Just me and 2 supervisors for 3 hours.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
wow, I guess we'll c a majority of the state get Q5 wrong then

Bernie

Whats makes you think that question 14 is A?
It's just because I asked my teacher and he said it was C
I'm confused:(

macca202

:D :D :D :D SWEEEEET!!!!
20/20 thankyou. now lets just hope i coloured in the right circle thingys!!!
MinAi wow, I guess we'll c a majority of the state get Q5 wrong then
2 ppl are not the majority! and ShirLz was tlking about 20/20
i'm kinda confident 14 is (a) cos it means no one can get paid 50 cents an hour!!!!!!! whats a means test any way?

stickyicky

I got the same as rob, but i put 14 c and for 20 i put b cause i thought an increase in level of education, is economice development

macca202

An increase in level of education will allow for economic growth (assist). remember low levels of education is a charachteristic of developing countries

nakata

well for 14 i put C but many of my friends wen for A
i initially thought it was A, and i still think it is A. But the thing that put my off was something Bulmer said in his 'updated economics' book. Im not sure if anyone has that book its the 2002 edition Book C 'UPDATED ECONOMICS" by John Bulmer pg 79.

this is what he said....

"some reform policies have contributed to the increasing inequality in the distribution of income eg. The Accords, enterprise bargaining, the minimal "safety net" national wage outcomes, subsidies in health and education etc..."

so i dont know whats the correct answer, A is logical, but C, well, i guess Bulmer could be wrong....which will really piss me off

macca202

Shit!!!! if thats there you may be right. i figured the award would stop CHILD LABOUR, ILLEGAL IMMAGRANT LABOUR etc @50 cents /hour.
what is a means test for social security payments?????

cainen

A means test is like they test your income and asset ownership etc to see if you're eligible for the benefits. The answer is definately not c because that means some guy on a hundred grand a year could apply for social security and get it due to there being no means test. The answer is definately a.

nakata

i'd have to agree with you on that one, as that is wat i orginally thought, the only reason was because i read that in the text book, which means that error cost me a mark! noooooooooo

but seriosly, would a high income earner really need a social security payments, i read that the high income earners actually depend more on wages and salaries, rather then social security. but i guess, there are greedy rich ppl out there :)

timmii

sporadic attendee
14 was a. Riley said that by implementing means tests equality was improved, as transfers can be better targetted at those who need them. By removing them, you're facilitating the abuse of the system.

However, a safety net wage means that even the lowest wage earners earn a minimum - reducing the capacity for disparities in the level of income.

Ronnie

As with many muiltiple choices.... you have to choose the BEST answer, they are not necessarily the CORRECT answer

for question 14,

B. is plain wrong because it is regressive and would increase income inequality

D. is also plain wrong because that does nothing to the level of inequality

that leaves A and C.......

I eliminated C because by getting rid of means tests for social security payments, it means anyone can go on the dole, this would in fact increase inequality

A is not a great answer, however it does mean that people can't be paid lower than a certain amount which does somewhat promote equality because otherwise they would be paid lower if there is no safety-net wage system in place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)