5. a but it in hindsight its c
6. a
7.b
8.c
9. d
10.c
11.a
12. c
13.d (changed it from d just last seconds- literally!)
14.d
15.b

5 was defintly a stinker! so was 12.

mmhmm

the m/c sucked so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i still cant believe how bad it was.....m/c are supposed to be breezers.....hmm well something like that.

cainen

My answers were:

1. c
2. a
3. d
4. a
5. c theres definately a political influence and its society thats causing the influence on the politicians so i'm pretty sure its right.
6. a
7. c
8. c
9. d
10. c
11. b definately not a..aus doesnt have a bill of rights
12. a (c is a trick. a judge giving a $200 fine to a millionaire is going to have a different effect on him than it would on giving the same fine to an unemployed person)
13. d
14. d
15. b

I'm pretty sure these are all right.

Da_KaMaKaZi

EMMA! lol

Yeh i got pretty much the same..n like emz said our teacher said that ... n i got em, hopefully! BUT ARGH @ Workplace it killd me n i 4got 2 talk bout the OHS laws!:eek:

freedom

yep sorry for 11. i didnt have a i had b just a typo.

yes australia doesnt have a Bill of Rights and it bloody damn well should. anyone here attended the State Consitutional Convention in March- well i did and this was on discussion and I tell ya we 17 year olds can run the nation :p

Gossipmachine

Hey guys i got all the same answers as Pete except for 3) i got d.....14)...i chose c...Obviously the wrong answer...arrrggghh...i just thought access to the law was too easy, silly me :rolleyes:
oh well, never mind IT'S ALL OVER NOW!!!!!:D

ITALIAN_ONE

how do you ppl remember the answers you put down???? did you take the paper home cause i didnt if you did could you wrte down the questions then answers i wanna remeber what i put down!

Jason

I had:
1) C
2) A
3) D
4) A
5) C
6) A
7) B
8) C
9) D
10) A - since the role of natural justice isn't to ensure a fair hearing (D), that's what natural justice is - it's role is to ensure equality of access to the law
11) B
12) C - but I think cainen is right re. it being a trick question and it's actually A, "taking into account individual differences"
13) B - why did everyone put D? I thought justice involved the recognition and enforcement of rights, not nescessarily precedent?
14) C - since I wasn't sure that access to the law was technically a concept, and it is a violation of the hearing rule. Also, see my reasons for 10.
15) B

subcon

OK, some discussion needed...please :)

Is there such a thing as Natural law, and natural justice? for 10, i put the role of natural justice is to promote equality...what is the difference between natural justice and the rule of law?

OK, what do u guys think about Question 14? Is "Access to the Law" a legal concept? "Accessibility" is in the effectivenes...is that what they are referring to?

ALso, QUestion FOur...I know they are both Private Law...but dont they both deal with ownership of land by individuals? I mean, Tort Law deals with Tresspass, which deals with land owned by individuals, and Property Law is self-explainatory...?? I chose d)..am i wrong? :(

cainen

For 13 i'm pretty sure its d coz precedent is basically common law and common law is one of the ways that rights are recognised and protected in australia. thats what i think anyway.
for 14 now i'm not so sure..i dont know if access to the law would be defined as a 'legal concept.' If u ask me both c and d are both right. I guess its a case of which is 'more' right. Chances are its c, coz i dont think i've ever gotten 100pc in legal mc before so i might aswell be consistent.

Zenithliza

Hey Jason. I put d for 13 because justice is a concept, or what the legal system aims to achieve. It is achieved through such things as precedent. That's just my two cents, I'm not totally sure its right, but thats why I put d.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
My answers were:
  1. (C)
  2. (A)
  3. (B) I think this one is actually (D)
  4. (A)
  5. (A) This is probably (C)
  6. (A)
  7. (B)
  8. (C)
  9. (D)
  10. (C)
  11. (B)
  12. (A) I'm not sure if this is (C) or not, but I think (A) is more just
  13. (C) I'm pretty sure this is wrong. Does Natural law even exist?
  14. (D)
  15. (C) This is probably wrong too, because Australia needs to pass the legislation in order for it to be protected.
    [/list=1]

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
is access to the law a legal concept...the fact the Kim cant go to court becasue of money is that a denail of naturla justice ie the hearing rule!
Hmmm... I'm not sure if access to the law is a legal concept or not. But wasn't it Kim's decision to not proceed with the case?

I thought the definition of the hearing rule was something like; "All people are entitled to give their side of the story in a dispute"? Kim was entitled to give his side to the dispute, but his problem was with 'accessing' the law.

Jason

Yeah, Natural law does exist, although we learnt about it in religion, not Legal - go figure. It's the idea that everything is created for a purpose and in a certain way by God, and therefore, everything has certain rights given to it by God. I was tossing up between that answer and justice - but precedent never crossed my mind, although I see how it could be right.

Regarding the access/natural justice one - I really think it's going to depend on how the examiners were feeling when they set the paper, since I agree with Cainen, they really are both right. I wonder if someone is going to post the right answers eventually?

JeffyboyJJ

HSC
For the MC I got
1. (C)
2. (A)
3. (D)
4. (A)
5. (C) though I am not sure
6. (A)
7. (B)
8. (C)
9. (D)
10. (C) I put A first but crossed it out because I thought of rule of law
11. (B)
12. (C) though it may be A as it is not talking of a "just law"
13. (B) though looking back I should have put D
14. (D)
15. (B)
This is what I put down and I am not sure if I am right or not.

"Only effort earns success"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)