Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

pires_w

HSC
Forbidden. said:
D, same here LOL, what a stupid mistake.
After finding the volume after dilution I should've found the volume added NOT the total volume, if it wasn't for this I would have got full marks for multiple choice.

Exactly, C looks like the conductivity vs. volume of acid/base added to a solution in a titration experiment when you stick the conductivity probe in.

I think I muffed up badly in many parts ...
I dont know why 7 is C either... but...anyway, i believe my teacher although my ans is D...=[

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I don't know my exact answers - how did you get your MC sheets out?

From reading the answers, I know I didn't make the 810/900mL mistake, and I think I got around 12-13/15.

UAI2007

HSC
pires_w said:
I dont know why 7 is C either... but...anyway, i believe my teacher although my ans is D...=[
Mayb your teacher misread the question and thought it was referring to electrical conductivity
, cos that's what I did
but now I believe the answer is D after realising my mistake.

rogerrluo

HSC
UAI2007 said:
I don't get how 14 is D "The wavelength of light used in AAS matches one of the spectral lines provided when the sample is analysed by a flame test."

I put B cos I was down to B and D but D says "ONE of the spectral lines" the spectral lines from a sample line in a flame test consist of various spectral lines if you use only one line, that line could be common to various elements. So if you used a certain line you'd be identifying multiple metals?

(I would have put D if it said it 'matches a spectral line spectrum')
AAS is a quantitative test. You should already know what you are testing for, thus choosing the correct "lamp".

Thus using 1 colour is fine

99.75UAI

HSC
Clearly question 15 is C, the chlorine radical acts as an initiator, just as peroxide in the initiation of polymerisation.

Last edited:

Äj

HSC
meh, who care.
multiple choice = multiple win.
takes like 2min or less to complete them and its like easy win marks.

philipadams123

HSC
7 was c as all neutralisation reactions are exothtermic.

15 was 'initiator' becuase without it, the process simply wouldnt occur at all, instead of going very slowly

but i got 9 wrong i didnt hav a clue :S thank god there was only that amphoteric nahco3 on acids bases section :D but overall 14/15 :D best ever multiple choice mark, study worked !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)