Multiple Choice Marking (1 Viewer)

sida1049

HSC
I managed 20/20, so that's one less section I have to worry about. Fairly sure I'll be losing a few marks on the international division of labour question (I hope they at least partially accept my answer...). I have no idea regarding the difficulty of essay marking in the HSC, so Sections 3 and 4 are completely unknown to me (I did Q25 [microeconomic] and Q28 [macroeconomic and external stability]).

Well, now I have MX2 to worry about!

sy37

HSC
17/20

potentially 19/20 but I don't remember what I put for two questions, so I just took them off

Hoping for 35/40 minimum for section II, because I'm pretty sure my essays are 10/20 tier each :headbang:

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Hoping for 35/40 minimum for section II, because I'm pretty sure my essays are 10/20 tier each :headbang:
You'd have to write absolute drivel and make very little economic sense in order to get 10/20. I have a feeling you are severely underestimating yourself.

sy37

HSC
You'd have to write absolute drivel and make very little economic sense in order to get 10/20. I have a feeling you are severely underestimating yourself.
I think I might be, what I wrote made logical economic sense in that it checks out with the theory and it answers the question. No statistics though except the stimulus, and slightly disorganised structure. We'll see in a couple of weeks though...

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I think you are severely under-estimating how harsh HSC essays are marked.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
:eek: Woah, that sounds really ominous. Are they marked really harshly?
I'm not sure about economics, but I assume it's similar to English. I know for advanced, module B the average is around 11/20 usually, and module A and C are a bit higher at around 13/20.

Mikes

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about economics, but I assume it's similar to English. I know for advanced, module B the average is around 11/20 usually, and module A and C are a bit higher at around 13/20.
But that's taking into account the entire state. Now there's some not so bright students.

sy37

HSC
My eco teacher said most students in the state get stuck on the 12/20 mark...after they break this 'barrier' so to speak, they can easily make it into the higher ranges. But yeah about 12/20 is the average...idk how an average student performs in MC / Sec II though so I can't really compare. I'm on 17/20ish for MC and I'm pretty sure I lost only a few marks for Section II so 50% in each essay I'll be happy :p

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
My eco teacher said most students in the state get stuck on the 12/20 mark...after they break this 'barrier' so to speak, they can easily make it into the higher ranges. But yeah about 12/20 is the average...idk how an average student performs in MC / Sec II though so I can't really compare. I'm on 17/20ish for MC and I'm pretty sure I lost only a few marks for Section II so 50% in each essay I'll be happy :p
Potential tafe students like you contribute to the state average of 12/20. Consider lodging an application.

swagmeister

HSC
Heard that essay marking isn't that bad? Definitely not near as bad as english haha....

swagmeister

HSC
Heard that essay marking isn't that bad? Definitely not near as bad as english haha....
Plus I saw iStudent's essays (both 20/20 raw) from last year and they were great, but nonetheless if you know your stuff really well they show that 20/20 is easily attainable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)