Music 1 Aural exams! (1 Viewer)

McSwag

HSC
In the spirit of the hsc, and all that comes with it, what do we all think about answering aural papers,
from what i can see theres no specific way to answer these exam questions, (and hardly a way to study it)
whats your favourite method, or format? :thrust:

dtmliao

HSC
Hi McSwag,

Make sure you know the concepts of music really well and try to practise with past papers with the CD recording so you can get used to answering different excerpts or maybe go on Youtube or Spotify and write responses to excerpts of different songs. In terms of answering the question, make sure your make reference to the question and write in dot point form, there's no need to write a full essay for each question. For example, if the question is about pitch, say you talk about melody, you comment on it and make a reference back to the question, so something like this 'the violin melodic line first plays in the higher register and slowly descends into some lower-octave phrase, exploring the diverse pitch range of the instrument'

Hope this helps

Last edited:

bjw22

HSC
I generally jot down notes of what is heard, then compile it into a bit of an essay response thingo.
Go to the past HSC Music 1 paper section on NESA interwebs, and just search up each song - make sure you're listening to the write version though, there's a few times I've been very confused.
This channel is helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdE6__ggT4un3Pya9av2cKQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)