Music 2/Extension performance (1 Viewer)

Klomonyx

HSC
Hi yall, I'm a current year 11 student studying music 2, and I'm keeping the course and picking up music extension next year, and I'm wishing to do performances for both of the courses (so 2 elective performances in music 2 plus core performance, and 3 performances in extension)
I'm planning on doing the following pieces for music 2
Chopin - Ballade No. 3
Chopin - Sonata No. 2 4th mvt
(haven't picked core performance yet)
And the following for extension
Liszt - Paraphrase on Verdi's Rigoletto
Rach - Moment Musicaux no. 4
Chopin - Piano Concerto No.1 2nd mvt
I'm aiming for band 6 and band e4 in the two courses. I'm not too worried about theory/comp/musicology in music 2 as I'm fairly confident with them. But are these pieces good choices so far? Also, I've passed AMEB Grade 8 practical and I'm doing my Lmusa exam later this year. Thanks

Vall

HSC
I'm not overly familiar with these pieces (or piano - presumably what you play) but I know the HSC markers want your pieces to be contrasting styles. So for music two I'm not sure playing two pieces both by Chopin would be best (unless they are quite contrasting). If you're unsure just check with your teacher - they should be happy to discuss with you. But if you've done AMEB grade 8 I reckon you should be fine (I'm doing music 2 this year having only completed AMEB grade 6 on french horn last year and doing fine - like probably high band 5 or band 6 level).

clive guo

HSC
Hi yall, I'm a current year 11 student studying music 2, and I'm keeping the course and picking up music extension next year, and I'm wishing to do performances for both of the courses (so 2 elective performances in music 2 plus core performance, and 3 performances in extension)
I'm planning on doing the following pieces for music 2
Chopin - Ballade No. 3
Chopin - Sonata No. 2 4th mvt
(haven't picked core performance yet)
And the following for extension
Liszt - Paraphrase on Verdi's Rigoletto
Rach - Moment Musicaux no. 4
Chopin - Piano Concerto No.1 2nd mvt
I'm aiming for band 6 and band e4 in the two courses. I'm not too worried about theory/comp/musicology in music 2 as I'm fairly confident with them. But are these pieces good choices so far? Also, I've passed AMEB Grade 8 practical and I'm doing my Lmusa exam later this year. Thanks
i think my brother played pieces that differ in periods instead of just romanticism for extension, apparently it shows better understanding of musical styles or something. he got his lmusa at like 13 so hes probably right, i dont know tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)