Music 2 HSC core performance pieces? (1 Viewer)

Beca-W

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

I'm doing the Prelim music 2 course right now, and I'm beginning to consider what piece I should do for core performance next year...

My instrument is piano, difficulty around grade 8 - Amus, I've looked on the AMC and the list is so long and confusing...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
This is something you should discuss with your piano teacher/music teacher, but for core your piece has to be written in the last 25 years. I know my teacher suggested Frangipani, though it might be a tad overdone. I'm doing something from the Final Fantasy Piano Collections, if you like that sort of music you can give it a listen on YouTube and I'll be glad to help you find the sheet music for it, I have most of the sheets for the collections on my laptop. Of course if you're feeling very competent (and still within the 'Japanese' modern style music) you can try play something by Animenzzz, though I warn you - he arranges very difficult pieces.

A lot of teachers recommend doing an Australian piece - this isn't required by the syllabus, but it could end up helping you out in the theory exams later as you will have a piece you can quote from easily.

Beca-W

HSC
N/A
Hi, thanks for your reply!

Final Fantasy Collections sounds really nice, its the type of music I like playing but how does it fit the requirement of Australian focus? I stopped piano lessons last year, so I'm self tutoring at the moment...

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Hi, thanks for your reply!

Final Fantasy Collections sounds really nice, its the type of music I like playing but how does it fit the requirement of Australian focus? I stopped piano lessons last year, so I'm self tutoring at the moment...
The Australian Focus requirement is just for your class - you should be studying a bunch of Australian pieces in class to be able to answer the questions in your theory exams. However, the core performance piece does not have to be Australian - the only requirement is that it was written in the last 25 years.

The work does not have to be written by an Australian composer as the Australian focus refers to the study of the topic as a whole.
Source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)