Musicology essay topics (1 Viewer)

tumunion

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone has either done or is doing a musicology essay and if so what is your topic. I have several ideas about what to do but i don't know if they are suitable as i have nothing to compare them to.

brishmoe

HSC
mines for 2u, and its on the influence of zen buddhism on the compositional process of john cage. i'm the only one at school doing musicology so i don't have anything to compare to either, apart from a few from previous years i borrowed from the music staffroom. i don't really care if it gets good marks though, because i'm really enjoying all the research :)

chanellephant

HSC
Hey, I'm the only person doing ext music in my school. I'm doing a musicology major (primarily coz I suck at performance :p) and I'm doing a 3000 word essay on... kinda hard to explain... my question's changed so many times...

In a nutshell, how music enhances preschool-aged children's learning, and how preschool-aged children learn the basic elements of music without formal lessons.

Basically means I listen to a lot of The Wiggles.

I've done case studies at a preschool and kindergarten. It's heaps of fun.

Apparently this is a very rare and unique topic though, so maybe I'm not helping.

For 2unit music, it's best to stick to something less out-there I think. I'm doing the baroque period.

Hope you sort it out, good luck

Last edited:

nancyjose

HSC
Essay writing is a rather complicated academic process for the students. To write a good college essay paper means to be a good college essay writer with perfect essay writing abilities and skills. You can find many essay writing tips and instructions on how to write music essays, music essay topics and ideas from online. In order to simplify the process of essay writing, it is optional to make use of essay writing services.

Lina3

HSC
Mine's very specific. I'm focusing on the 2nd Movement of Beethoven's Symphony no 5 and analyzing the hell out of it in order to prove my thesis, where I claim it displays the general characteristics of the Classical Period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)