http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/pg5.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/q21_clear.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/q22-23.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/q24.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/q25 transaction processing systems.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/q26 desicion support.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/q27 automated manufacturing.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6799063/IPT2011/q28 multimedia.jpg

*These were the answers that I wrote down in MY exam. They may not necessary be correct! Feel free to comment on the answers and any disagreements that you may have!*

Multiple Choice:
1.A
2.B
3.B
4.A
5.D
6.B
7.D
8.C
9.C
10.D
11.B
12.D
13.B
14.D
15.C
16.B
17.D
18.B
19.A
20.D

Comments: Despite reading others' feedback, I thought the MC was relatively easy like the 09 paper? Comparing my answers to those of the other guy who posted their MC answers in the other thread, I think I achieved a min. of 19/20 (Q13) probably with a small leeway

Q21: Mel's Mobile Apps
A. A:text; B:numeric; C:date/time; D:7; E:1; F:10
B. Using active listening to collect clients' feedback and understand their requirement. Use in interviews and surveys. Active listening methods (eye contact, nodding, repeating key words, summarising key points)
C. To test if it works under real life environment. Minimise possibility of having to fix any errors that occur after new app. is fully implemented
D. 1:homepage menu; 2:make a booking screen; 3:booking receipt screen; 4:eek:rdering takeaway screen; 4:eek:rder receipt

Comments: Relatively easy. Made me feel all smart........until..........

Q22: Sacha's Fitness Gym
A. Clients' requirements and needs; overview of existing system; possible solutions
B. Full adult+concession adult+high school student > Yes/No's for 'Pensioner?' > Yes/No's for 'During School Term?' > Fees charged/month
C. Employees: changing nature of work, deskilling, reskilling, job redundancy, minimised costs in long term for company owners; Members: difficult for elderly/people with disabilities, security and privacy issues with surveillance cameras and financial data during online payment, possibility of misplacing cards/identity theft

Comments: Had no idea what to put for QA; left it to the last 15mins (tried to recall what I did for it in my major project. But failed lol). Decision tree was much harder than previous years, I have a feeling I might get mid range for that one. Confidence level slowly dropping....

Q23: Cloud Computing's TPSP
A. Optic fibre cable; head office and staff home may be long distance away from TPSP; fast transmission speed; minimal possibility of interference during transmission
B. Sales staff form screen: had fields such as product name, automated product price and quantity in stock and product features (ie. my database view implied that the sales staff could look up product details). Head office staff report screen: basically a diagram of a database report that had headings such as customer-ID, date of order, products ordered, quantity ordered
C. Who actually owns the data now? To what degree can TPSP control the data? Whose responsibility is it if the data is lost? Who is responsible for backing up the data? If the company discontinues their partnership with TPSP, what happens to the data? Copyright issues. TPSP must ensure they do not make illegal copies of the data

Comments: Kind of dodgy that part of it was a wired network because what happens if the company is in another state than TPSP? I think QB tripped quite a few people up, I'm not totally sure myself that I did it correctly - fingers crossed!

Q24: License Plate System
A. Fat client because it does not need to rely on the server to perform processes
B. Requires Optical Character Recognition software; must be accurate otherwise innocent people may be penalised while the real thefts may go unpunished
C. Good because the computer is constantly moving. Alternative WAP would mean the computer must be within the physical coverage area, which is not possible for this scenario. Alternative satellite is too expensive and not needed due to relatively small distance from central system to computer. Alternative microwaves not suitable as the microwaves must travel in an undisturbed straight line
D. Issues regarding data warehousing and data mining; privacy concerns as drivers may not want people to know the locations they have been to (ie. toll collection gates data).

Comments: QA was stupid and I just wrote down whatever theory that I could remember, was only worth 1 mark so whatever; left QC to last 15mins as well, had no idea what to write about; QD was stupid and the last part of the question was ambiguous ("Use examples from the scenario to illustrate the issues" - had no idea whether they meant to refer to the scenario they just talked about, or the Q24 overall scenario?) - can't really remember the other points I put for this part either (screwed this 5marker overall). Confidence level - dropping

Q25: TPS
Ai. Collects transaction data as a bundle and processes them at a later time when it is more economical and convenient to do so
Aii. Defined real time processing (processes without time delay); avoid double booking as the theatre seats are 'locked' when somebody has chosen it; list of available seats needs to be updated immediately
Aiii. Output of TPS is used as input for data warehouses and hence data mining; the output is also used as data to update information systems' databases so that changes are immediately displayed in the database
Bi. Data integrity refers to the reliability of data; measured by the data's accuracy, reliability and currency; important for the data to be accurate as the slightest changes to the data may heavily affect the company's operations and/or the employee's benefits to be received
Bii. Participants: employees and operators of HRMS; data/information: (pretty much all the bullet points)
Biii. Collect data from new employee as they enter their details via the web-entry form that can be found on the company's intranet; web-entry form uses data validation techniques (eg. range checks, list checks, type checks) to avoid inconsistencies or inaccurate data to be entered; overall is a convenient method of collecting data for the new employee
Biv. Uses real time processing; any errors can be fixed immediately compared to paper-based which may use batch processing; minimises possibility of errors in data due to the data validation techniques; paper-based may have chances of human errors (eg. mispelling/misinterpretation); electronic system is much faster to store/retrieve information and easier to create electronic back-ups (eg. full backup, G-F-S backup); easier to recover data if lost from theft/disasters (eg. using recovery manager, transaction logs and journals)

Comments: Aiii was such a tripper! I just wrote anything that came to mind and that seemed related even in the slightest possible way lol. Bii&iii were stupid as well and again I had no idea what I was writing. Fingers crossed for an extremely kind marker

Q26: DSS
If somebody could upload their answers and personal comments I would gladly add the answers to this list with acknowledgement (copyright issues eh :p )

Q27: AMS
If somebody could upload their answers and comments I would gladly add the answers to this list with acknowledgement (copyright issues eh :p )

Q28: Multimedia
Ai. Links and combines different types of media, webpages and files on the internet
Aii. Detailed knowledge as to how to operate the hardware and software; knowledge in using hardware such as computers or external devices if any (eg. devices for virtual reality); knowledge in using software such as application software (eg. animation/video production software, graphics editing software), authoring software and HTML editors
Aiii. Using collection devices (eg. microphone for sound, devices with accelerators for movement in virtual reality products) to gather audio signals and digitising these signals using a modulator to convert into digital data for analysis by the multimedia product
Bi. Computer monitor; computer mouse; speakers for sounds from video; printer for printing brochures (there was a button that said "Printable brochure" that linked to another page)
Bii. Described path based animation; more suitable than cell based animation due to lower storage requirements and no need as fast a processor; uses tweening where the software automatically generates the intermediate frames between the user's first screen and the location in the virtual tour that they want to move to
Biii. Text:ASCII; Images:JPG due to lossy compression and is most common format for images on the web; Audio: MP3, WAV due to lossy compression by removing the high and low frequencies that the human ear cannot hear; Video: MPEG, WMV, AVI due to lossy compression by removing any repetitive data that the human eye cannot see; Animation: SWF, animated GIF
Biv. Provides higher interactivity for the customer; easy to access anywhere around the world; customer is instantly notified when new properties are available; can easily update and distribute property information in comparison to alternative methods (eg. brochures, mail letters, pamphlets)

Comments: The optional topics were generally my weakest areas, Multimedia the worst. Aiii tripped me up hard (why is it all the 3markers?!); accidently talked about input device (computer mouse) instead of display device for Ai. Aii&iii were also quite hideous - no words can explain how bad it was. In Aiv I was stupid enough not to mention the most important point - that the website can combine all different types of media - I mentioned interactivity in my answer yet I forgot to mention this part... *facepalm*

Last edited:

fakermaker

HSC
Re: 2011 answers

Exam paper: submitted by Keplaffintech
*These were the answers that I wrote down in MY exam. They may not necessary be correct! Feel free to comment on the answers and any disagreements that you may have!*

Multiple Choice:
1.A
2.B
3.B
4.A
5.D
6.B
7.D
8.C
9.C
10.D
11.B
12.D
13.B
14.D
15.C
16.B
17.D
18.B
19.A
20.D
Mine: A B B A B B D C C A B D C B C B D D A D

We are different for 5, 10, 13, 14, 18

But I guessed a lot of these

Q23: Cloud Computing's TPSP
A. Optic fibre cable; head office and staff home may be long distance away from TPSP; fast transmission speed; minimal possibility of interference during transmission
Really? For a bus topology?

Last edited:

addoil

HSC

Mine: A B B A B B D C C A B D C B C B D D A D

We are different for 5, 10, 13, 14, 18

But I guessed a lot of these

Q5 (bluetooth): I know it's either B or D (high/low bandwidth) but I chose D (low) because I was thinking about my mobile phone bluetooth and how they don't transmit at high speeds
Q10 (logical organisation of hypermedia): Either A or D (field name / text). Personally I don't understand how field name relates because I thought hypermedia was just linking different pages and files?
Q13 (communication and addressing level): Well I know it's definately not A so we both have a chance otherwise! ;D
Q14 (selling books online): I don't think B (participant development) would work because the participants don't necessarily have the skills to do so
Q18 (database screenshots): Can't be D because Part2 has more than one field (therefore a record) and Part 3 is not a record because it's only got one field

fakermaker

HSC

Q5 (bluetooth): I know it's either B or D (high/low bandwidth) but I chose D (low) because I was thinking about my mobile phone bluetooth and how they don't transmit at high speeds
Q10 (logical organisation of hypermedia): Either A or D (field name / text). Personally I don't understand how field name relates because I thought hypermedia was just linking different pages and files?
Q13 (communication and addressing level): Well I know it's definately not A so we both have a chance otherwise! ;D
Q14 (selling books online): I don't think B (participant development) would work because the participants don't necessarily have the skills to do so
Q18 (database screenshots): Can't be D because Part2 has more than one field (therefore a record) and Part 3 is not a record because it's only got one field
Cheers. I knew a few of mine were wrong. But for the bluetooth one, I guessed the higher frequency because it says that it is receiving. In a modem, the higher frequency receives, while the lower sends. Probably unrelated by I put 2 and 2 together.

Also, is that how much you wrote for each question? I was afraid of writing too little and had to request 3 extra booklets for various sections. Some of my 1 and 2 mark responses went on for half a page :S.

I finished the exam and re-checked my MP twice, before checking the paper. Time ran out while I was checking Q28.

addoil

HSC

Cheers. I knew a few of mine were wrong. But for the bluetooth one, I guessed the higher frequency because it says that it is receiving. In a modem, the higher frequency receives, while the lower sends. Probably unrelated by I put 2 and 2 together.

Also, is that how much you wrote for each question? I was afraid of writing too little and had to request 3 extra booklets for various sections. Some of my 1 and 2 mark responses went on for half a page :S.

I finished the exam and re-checked my MP twice, before checking the paper. Time ran out while I was checking Q28.

O_O how do you have time to write 3 extra booklets and THEN read over all your work up to 28?? O-O-O-O-O *amazing* (Y)

Nah, those are just my dot points; in the end i stuck to the provided booklets for the core questions, and a booklet + extra page for each of the optionals

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC

The Bluetooth one is lowbandwidth/lowrange.

D E and F for the mobile app section of data sizes has a variety of answers, as there are no certainties, only possibilities.

The Home office appropriate answer is ethernet (UTP) interchangeable due to the adaptation of ethernet in the Computer jargon (assuming knowledgeable markers)

Q10 for MC was actually Node (damn i wrote storage but i dunno...)

Q14 i went with D

Q18 was B.

The test was harder compared to the prev. years imo but still that can be taken with a pinch of salt.

The HR section tripped essentially every person in the state by the looks of it due to its uniqueness. The cloud computing section was successfully guessed by us (school friends and teacher) and we were prepared for it ;)

The mobile app storyboard was actually very difficult as a mobile user has less screen space to play around with. Alot more screens are required.

Q24 b) actually a few; not only can is OCR an issue but the actual ability of it to detect unclear license plates rather than a simple recognition of texts (but still worth the 2 marks).

Multimedia involving the actual animation process imo would rely upon using a tweening method using a combination of numerous images to create a 3D view of the property. Other ideas thrown down included the use of CAD; as well as combining both images; interpreting into a CAD program and overlaying it.

Q28 iii is what will cost the most marks for most students. Trust me.

28 iv simply needed a compare and contrast between the webpage and another information source (Newspaper advertisements). Show how good digital multimedia is essentially.

Anyways don't stress about it, it wasn't that bad. Thankfully we didn't have to do the OTHER two optional electives (Which were insane,but i would have rather replaced TPS with the Decision support anyday).

Automated manufactoring seemed HARD!

mathemalia

HSC

Exam paper: submitted by Keplaffintech

Multiple Choice:
1.A
2.B
3.B
4.A
5.D
6.B
7.D
8.C
9.C
10.D
11.B
12.D
13.B
14.D
15.C
16.B
17.D
18.B
19.A
20.D
Hey,

Q5: D - According to wiki, its low bandwith. Although I reckon it depends to what your really comparing this, compared to infrared, its high bandwith, compared to firewire, its a piece of ass.

10: C - you organise hypermedia with storyboards -therefore node

17: B - How can the DMBS retrieve it without knowing where it is?! :S

Steffi1

HSC

Just wondering how can you put this on now ? arent people still doing the exam ?
(im year 11)

nightweaver066

HSC

Just wondering how can you put this on now ? arent people still doing the exam ?
(im year 11)
There is only one session for each and every HSC examination. As the exam is over, students are able to keep the exam papers.

friend177

HSC

Hey,

Q5: D - According to wiki, its low bandwith. Although I reckon it depends to what your really comparing this, compared to infrared, its high bandwith, compared to firewire, its a piece of ass.

10: C - you organise hypermedia with storyboards -therefore node

17: B - How can the DMBS retrieve it without knowing where it is?! :S
3: A - the freedom of information act doesn't mean the person owns it but the government, this act allows the person to gain the information if they want, technically, the local government owns it.

mathemalia

HSC

3: A - the freedom of information act doesn't mean the person owns it but the government, this act allows the person to gain the information if they want, technically, the local government owns it.

I put A too, but I'm not 100% sure. What your saying makes sense, I looked up the act: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/giaa2009368/s3.html

They always refer to it as 'government information', which means: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/giaa2009368/s4.html#local_authority

and local council would be regarded as that...so let's hope we are right :D

Steffi1

HSC

Ohhh that makes sense, the year 12s at my school havent done one exam yet

giraffmar

HSC
N/A

Got all the same multi's as you except for two.. Hopefully that's a good sign. Looks like you did pretty well looking through your other answers

icetrials

HSC
N/A

What do you think of this in Q28 Multimedia B II:

Instead of the tweening and path based animation, I described how you could take images sequentially around the building to make it like a virtual tour. So it would just be a sequence of images.
I also wrote something about creating a 3D model of the apartment/building and animating that via programmed buttons or whatever.

Skriker

HSC

I put A too, but I'm not 100% sure. What your saying makes sense, I looked up the act: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/giaa2009368/s3.html

They always refer to it as 'government information', which means: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/giaa2009368/s4.html#local_authority

and local council would be regarded as that...so let's hope we are right :D
Yup your right about that one alright, we were discussing it with our teacher and he said it was the government who owns the information not the person :D SO WIN.

mathemalia

HSC

Yup your right about that one alright, we were discussing it with our teacher and he said it was the government who owns the information not the person :D SO WIN.
*dance dance* haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)