My car...into a tree (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
So I was driving my sister to work today, so I thought I would be cool and swing my car around from the other side of the street into my driveway, using it to turn around rather than drive all the way down to the cul-de-sac.

Unfortunately, I missed the driveway and ploughed the rear into a tree. I took out one of my rear indicator-lights (the orange one) and put massive dents in the body, ruining the paintwork and generally messing up what was (and still sort of is) a nice car, a 1979 Toyota Crown.

How much will a new light cost, and what about panel-beating repairs?

funniboi

HSC
depends where the panel you damaged is?

is it part of the main panel ? if so it'll probely cost you a fortune,

if its just a small back panel it's not really that bad im guessing

plus, panelbeating it might wreck the paint and you'd proberly have to respray it...

but yeah, at least no-one got hurt besides the tree and car. :)

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
Oh don't warry about getting it fixed, just don't drive ever again, thanks.
lol

leetom, you'll probably find that selling your car to a wreckers or to some kid for cheap is wiser than the time and money involved in repairing it. It may cost you more to repair the car than what it is really worth undamaged.

Nevertheless, how many panels have been damaged? Just the rear quarter panel?

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
How are we supposed to help idiot? offer to come around to his house and fix his car free of charge? no, what he should do is go to a panel beater or a mechanic, not a school related forum.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DaddyK said:
How are we supposed to help idiot? offer to come around to his house and fix his car free of charge? no, what he should do is go to a panel beater or a mechanic, not a school related forum.
um yeh, why not, and whilst we're there use the dolly and hammer and knock out some sense

Generator

HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
Provide basic advice, as some people did? I don't see any point in pointing out that he was an idiot to do what he did, because I thought that he implied as much in the initial post. Still, it's BOS, so I guess that you can't expect too much.

Sam2064

1979 model...
dont worry bout it so much, most people will fuk up a car when there on their P's. if u can live with the damage, like its not alot and u can get a new light from the wreckers cheap and do a little panel beating urself then keep it otherwise get what u can for it from the wreckers and buy a new car for the money. i dont imagine the car is worth heaps so i wouldent bother witrh panel beating as it costs a shit load.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
leetom said:
So I was driving my sister to work today, so I thought I would be cool and swing my car around from the other side of the street into my driveway, using it to turn around rather than drive all the way down to the cul-de-sac.

Unfortunately, I missed the driveway and ploughed the rear into a tree. I took out one of my rear indicator-lights (the orange one) and put massive dents in the body, ruining the paintwork and generally messing up what was (and still sort of is) a nice car, a 1979 Toyota Crown.

Why were you trying to impress your sister?

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
DaddyK said:
This is not a school-related forum. Take particular note of Hobbies, Interests, and Sport. I didn't request anybody to come over to my house to fix it either, just a possible opinion on panel-beating costs.

I hate UWS whores. It's not as though I killed anybody.

In the end I decided to leave the dent in there and sticky-tape some orange cellaphane over the broken indicator light. Works well with minimal cost.

Good job asshat.
I remember when you had your picture in your sig at one stage, jago. Not only are you naturally ugly, but you have a terrible haircut. My car is probably better than yours, even with a dent.

Last edited:

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
leetom said:

im sorry to say this: but something tells me that after u damaged your car :eek: , u panicked and hid it somewhere - a place no one will ever find it for at least 24 hours- and then went on your computer and logged on to BOS! :eek:

i dont think rear indicator lights cost that much, a truckie crashed my neighbour's car and i think (i might be mistaken) he paid out $5. well it was that or a twenty.

whatever, just good luck! and try to break the news in the most subtle way possible. anyone got advice for Leetom on that? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)