My school messed up my science grade?!?! (1 Viewer)

Clueless0182

HSC
Hey guys

i am in year 10 and i want to apply to a selective school like girra or penrith. My school really screwed up this term and cuz out science teacher got promoted we ended up have a sub teacher (who teacher math!) for half a term and for the rest of the half we had another sub teacher who legit just gave us pdfs to do all day. The next term when we finally get a good SCIENCE teacher she announces that we have our test in two weeks. lets just say the whole grade performed poorly and i ended up getting a B on my report for science. now i have always gotten As for Science and i know that selective school will place importance on my grades for science. Do u think this would mess my chance up? i was also thinking of informing the schools of what happened and stuff, do u think this would work and would they consider me?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think that one mark on one exam in one subject would have a significant effect on your chance of getting accepted at a selective school. Also, your mark is a B, it's not like it's a C or lower (which may have a more significant effect on your chance of getting accepted).

Remember that you also need to take and perform well in the selective test because your results in that are also considered and play a significant role in determining whether you'll get accepted at a selective school.

That said, I suggest including this information in your application just to be safe and so that the selective school has a clear picture of what's going on at your current school.

I hope this helps! 😄

Clueless0182

HSC
I don't think that one mark on one exam in one subject would have a significant effect on your chance of getting accepted at a selective school. Also, your mark is a B, it's not like it's a C or lower (which may have a more significant effect on your chance of getting accepted).

Remember that you also need to take and perform well in the selective test because your results in that are also considered and play a significant role in determining whether you'll get accepted at a selective school.

That said, I suggest including this information in your application just to be safe and so that the selective school has a clear picture of what's going on at your current school.

I hope this helps! 😄
hmmm yh that makes sense thanks hopefully ur right 🤞

skzzks

HSC
Hey guys

i am in year 10 and i want to apply to a selective school like girra or penrith. My school really screwed up this term and cuz out science teacher got promoted we ended up have a sub teacher (who teacher math!) for half a term and for the rest of the half we had another sub teacher who legit just gave us pdfs to do all day. The next term when we finally get a good SCIENCE teacher she announces that we have our test in two weeks. lets just say the whole grade performed poorly and i ended up getting a B on my report for science. now i have always gotten As for Science and i know that selective school will place importance on my grades for science. Do u think this would mess my chance up? i was also thinking of informing the schools of what happened and stuff, do u think this would work and would they consider me?
OMG SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPENED TO ME WITH GEOGRAPHY

idkkdi

HSC
Hey guys

if u get a b in science and ur excuse is a shit sub, that's gonna be quite frankly not the best excuse. it's pretty normal to deal with shit subs, but results are ultimately what u get not what ur shit sub causes u to get. Maybe very discreetly allude to circumstances not being the best, but ultimately u should take ownership over not doing as well as u wanted to.
i doubt one b will have that much importance. The transfer test is of greater importance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)