N-Award for a "drop" subject (1 Viewer)

Husky

HSC
I have extra units, one of them being hospitality. Id drop it but its fun with the boys so i was wondering since its an extra 2 units apart from the required 10, does it matter if I get N-awards for hospitality? Will it affect my overall hsc and atar at all if i get N-awards for the subject and don't show up to the HSC exam?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Only your best 10 Units count. If you get B6/E4 in 10 units of work but flunk some extras, you will still get a great ATAR. If you only had 10 units and hospitality accounted for 2 of the total, things would look grim.

studiesofboard

HSC
If you receive lots of N-awards you could potentially repeat and it can impact your overall HSC.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Id drop it but its fun with the boys
AHAHHHAHAHHAHAHA this sentence made me crack up. Maybe try to not get an N-award because it looks bad on records put like minimal effort so you can just pass or just copy notes and stuff from your mates

Husky

HSC
Only your best 10 Units count. If you get B6/E4 in 10 units of work but flunk some extras, you will still get a great ATAR. If you only had 10 units and hospitality accounted for 2 of the total, things would look grim.
So it’s fine if I get N-awards for hospitality as long as it’s an extra 2 units?

Husky

HSC
AHAHHHAHAHHAHAHA this sentence made me crack up. Maybe try to not get an N-award because it looks bad on records put like minimal effort so you can just pass or just copy notes and stuff from your mates
Hahaha I’ll probably end up just copying someone’s assessments then. Was just hoping i would be able to get away with doing nothing and kicking it

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
So it’s fine if I get N-awards for hospitality as long as it’s an extra 2 units?
Yeah, but wouldn't your teachers advise to drop it for 2 main reasons:
1) You already have 10 units
2) You are not doing the work

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I have extra units, one of them being hospitality. Id drop it but its fun with the boys so i was wondering since its an extra 2 units apart from the required 10, does it matter if I get N-awards for hospitality? Will it affect my overall hsc and atar at all if i get N-awards for the subject and don't show up to the HSC exam?
Depends on the strictness of your school. Either way if you do get an N award you can just drop it anyway.

I almost got an N award for Chemistry which like you I kept because it's fun with the boys lol, but my teacher knew I would drop it as late as possibly allowed, so she never gave me an N award. Had she given me one I would've just dropped it right then and there.

My friend didn't show up for his Bio exam because it was also his extra subject. He got a 96 atar so no it did not matter at all.

Regardless do everything with caution!

Husky

HSC
Depends on the strictness of your school. Either way if you do get an N award you can just drop it anyway.

I almost got an N award for Chemistry which like you I kept because it's fun with the boys lol, but my teacher knew I would drop it as late as possibly allowed, so she never gave me an N award. Had she given me one I would've just dropped it right then and there.

My friend didn't show up for his Bio exam because it was also his extra subject. He got a 96 atar so no it did not matter at all.

Regardless do everything with caution!
Okay makes sense thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)