nails (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
My nails are medium-length and "flamenco" coloured, which is like intense mica pink. I love them. They're a bit monet-ish, they look awesome from a distance but if you look reeeeally closely you can see I've painted over some chips.

I need to invest in quality fast-drying nail polish. If my nails are wet for more than a minute i'll inevitably bump them and have to start over.

HSC
N/A
I used to always do cool colours, several at a time.

Now I just... dunno.. aren't girly enough probably. And I keep them far too short because long nails trap dirt, which really annoys me, and doesn't suit piano. Even if they look better.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
I used to always do cool colours, several at a time.

Now I just... dunno.. aren't girly enough probably. And I keep them far too short because long nails trap dirt, which really annoys me, and doesn't suit piano. Even if they look better.
haha man i feel EXACTLY the same about everything you just said there..although i don't play piano anymore and i just got used to having them short..when they're 'long' they really shit me off..i need mine short for work now because stuff gets up them all the time and it's really annoying

edit: i know people who've played piano with long nails and you can hear them click on every note *shudders*

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Whats the difference between acrylic and gel? I want to get mine professionally done, with a french finish, but I don't know the difference?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I think acrylic is an entire plastic nail including tip stuck onto your nail and then filed into shape and painted, whereas gel is a plastic coating on your natural nail.

If you had to choose one, I'd say gel is better (more natural), but you have to keep going back for infils, and if you want to take them off, you'll find they are very weak underneath and take ages to get strong.

IMHO, just grow them, file them into a nice shape, put Sally Hansen Teflon Hardener on them every three days and a good quality hand cream (I use Aveda) every night.

You can go to the manicurist for a french polish, they are probably the best choice (costs between $10-15) or if you have a steady hand you can buy white polish and do them yourself, with or without the little curved paper stickers as a guide.

What I do is draw a line in white polish, then get a brush dipped in nail polish remover and fix up the shape of the polish. They usually look fine, and you get better with practice.

CieL

HSC
Just cut mine.. so there's about 1mm of white.. natural.. with a clear coat which is starting to chip.. =[

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mine are dark red and they're sorta long. Only a tad.

I really don't like super long nails, kinda gross to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)