National Undergrad... (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Scholarship, yeah, that thing.
Can anyone confirm that you need to get over 99 to get it?
Is there anyone here that got it, or got offered it, and what was your UAI if you don't mind telling me (I'm the sweetest most wanna tell UAI to girl ever, trust me)
If you know anyone that did it would really great if you told me also. Thanks.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The lowest I know got a UAI of 99.1. However, I do know a guy who got a Queensland OP band of 2, which is the equivelant of 97 and the university didn't even bother to look at his application. So, I can't say for sure whether you'll need to get 99 or above, but I can say that you'll need to get very close to it.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
neo_o said:
The lowest I know got a UAI of 99.1. However, I do know a guy who got a Queensland OP band of 2, which is the equivelant of 97 and the university didn't even bother to look at his application. So, I can't say for sure whether you'll need to get 99 or above, but I can say that you'll need to get very close to it.
teacher's son got 98.xx and didn't get it.
:(

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cherryblossom said:
teacher's son got 98.xx and didn't get it.
:(
Then that's all you need to know my dear :(. Now, less BoS, more study and you'll get your damned national undergraduate scholarship :).

Ziff

HSC
N/A
NUS is a 99+ scholarship only.

Regional scholarships and other random ones are generally 95+.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ziff lives.

You also have to maintain a HD average to keep it don't you?

Though I could be confusing it with the Phb program - who i think automatically get the NUS.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Ziff said:
NUS is a 99+ scholarship only.

Regional scholarships and other random ones are generally 95+.
Yeah. well it would help if I lived in the bloody region wouldn't it.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Wait, is the under-graduate scholarhip one that has to be applied for, or does it just go to those with the highest UAIs? Do they ever give them to people for excelling in a relevant subject (like modern history or english, or topping a subject)?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yes and no. If you excell sufficiently to get a 99+ UAI then yes, if not no.

Excelling in relevant subjects might give the uni reason to adjust your UAI for entrance purposes though.

Finally topping a subject sounds nice but no one cares. It is subjective you might top your class but bottom at say James Ruse might be better than you, etc etc. Whether or not you top depends on how stupid or smart your classmates are so is therefore not something anyone looks at.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
addymac said:
Yes and no. If you excell sufficiently to get a 99+ UAI then yes, if not no.

Excelling in relevant subjects might give the uni reason to adjust your UAI for entrance purposes though.

Finally topping a subject sounds nice but no one cares. It is subjective you might top your class but bottom at say James Ruse might be better than you, etc etc. Whether or not you top depends on how stupid or smart your classmates are so is therefore not something anyone looks at.
Thanks. But I meant topping the state in a subject. ?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
My mistake - that is a far greater achievement and wold give you a good grounding for a high UAI and definate grounds for begging to the uni if your UAI was marginally below the cut-off.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
To maintain a NUS you only need a Credit average. PhB is a HD average one.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
cherryblossom said:
Yeah. well it would help if I lived in the bloody region wouldn't it.
I wasn't technically in "their" right region, but I just winged and they threw me a CAS.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
What is a CAS? Is that the one where you get $5000 p.a.? Sorry, I'm clueless.

EDIT- OK, I just googled it. Is it commonwealth accomodation scholarship? If so, how much is that worth?

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Iron said:
I wasn't technically in "their" right region, but I just winged and they threw me a CAS.
oohh you're online reply, I command you :p
what's the cas - actually, if I wanted to I would be eligible for the region thing but my career adviser says I'm not. but then she said we didn't have to put in a ap for the undergrad thing and she was so wrong, so hmmm maybe I should take a pot shot

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
addymac said:
There is leway in the regions...
Speak! Please speak, the "..." makes me think you have some juicy back-door entry into the regional scholarship secret. Reveal all! I'll be your best friend.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Speak! Please speak, the "..." makes me think you have some juicy back-door entry into the regional scholarship secret. Reveal all! I'll be your best friend.
yes, me too. spill addy.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
No back story I am just aware that the scholarships people are prepared to bend the rules/borders for deserving cases.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
I actually emailed the office for the scholarships and I was told a range between 98-100 get taken for it. I imagine it would also depend on the course you've applied for - unless they just take the top 27?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)