Need a Maths tutor? (1 Viewer)

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
Hey my names Jay. I just finished my HSC this year and am looking to tutor some current year 12 mathematics (2U level) students. I'll tutor through the holidays and through school days at a time that suits you. My details are as follows:

I attended Caringbah Selective High and studied the following HSC subjects:

Mathematics Ext. 2
Mathematics Ext. 1
Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
English Advanced

On my trial report, in Ext. 1 Maths I scored 96% and in Ext. 2 Maths I scored 91%.

I am also interested in tutoring physics students. In Physics I scored 97% on my trial report.

If you're interested in private tutoring from me, please email me at predd@optushome.com.au I live in Gymea, so I'm interested in tutoring anyone situated in the Sutherland Shire.

Thanks!

Jay

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
As a fellow ex-student of Caringbah High School I can vouch that these are geniuine claims.

PS: Hi Jay.

Predd

HSC
Raw marks/3/4U

Hey

No they are scaled report marks. Raw marks are very deceptive mainly because one school may give much harder exams than another. So a student at the school with the lower marks may have acheived better than a student at another school, giving easier exams hence with higher raw marks.

I don't want to tutor 3/4U mainly because a lot of the content in those courses would require me to study in great depth and I don't want to spend much time revising the courses. With 2U maths I feel extremely competent with the course as it contains the fundamentals to the 3/4U courses.

Also with the 3/4U courses, I'm a bit rusty in some area's so I don't want to be tutoring someone if I'm not completely competent myself.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I did the 2 unit exam last year and got a HSC mark of 98. Did 3 unit last year and got 95 and this year I did 4 unit.

Predd

HSC
Did I do the 2U Course??

Ok there's heaps of confusion as to whether I covered the basic 2U course. In a nutshell, yes I did.

In order to do the ext 2 (and ext. 1) course you need to know the 2u course. The 2U course is the fundamentals of 4U. The only thing I didn't do were 2U assessments in year 12.

How could you expect to learn 4U integration when you haven't done the basic 2U integration? Or 3U rates of change when you haven't covered linear motion and growth and decay in 2U?

We used the pink coroneous 2U book as well as the fitzpatrick 2U book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)