need tips for studying for assessments (1 Viewer)

nndi

HSC
hey guys, i recently got my results back for my first biology assessment and i was expecting to do decent since i consistently studied hard in preparation for it, however i got 34/58. I was devastated with this result and had no idea how to deal with it.

I always find myself studying really hard every single day and putting in a lot of effort for things, but end up not getting the results i want. Some of my other peers barely put in effort and still get higher results...and I can't help to wonder if I'm doing something completely wrong. I want to know how to study smarter and tips on what i should be focusing on, as I can't afford to do this badly in anything else.

I also find that I sort of have a mind blank at times and really stress out during an in-class assessment which ends up costing me marks.

DarkOperator618

HSC
hey guys, i recently got my results back for my first biology assessment and i was expecting to do decent since i consistently studied hard in preparation for it, however i got 34/58. I was devastated with this result and had no idea how to deal with it.

I always find myself studying really hard every single day and putting in a lot of effort for things, but end up not getting the results i want. Some of my other peers barely put in effort and still get higher results...and I can't help to wonder if I'm doing something completely wrong. I want to know how to study smarter and tips on what i should be focusing on, as I can't afford to do this badly in anything else.

I also find that I sort of have a mind blank at times and really stress out during an in-class assessment which ends up costing me marks.
first off, its okay to make mistakes, you're in yr 11 after all lol (#prayforus)

What do you actually do as studying? If you just memorised stuff, you wouldn't know how to apply it and your exam won't go well

What you should first do is prepare flashcards (Anki is a good app), as this is bio and bio, like any science, is content heavy. So firstly try and hardwire the content into your brain (trust me, it helps). If you are able to teach the particular concept (i.e cells, cus idk what u do in bio) to someone or something (maybe a pet or teddy bear) and do it confidently, you KNOW you understand the content

Secondly, actually do practice questions. Whether its from a textbook, past paper, even a random ass question your mum gave you. Practice makes perfect. And also do it in exam conditions, so you know kinda what to expect

Just don't spent your energy constantly studying. Yes its important, but don't cram and overdo it. Take care of yourself

Keep your head up, you got bags of time to make up for it (trust me, i messed up my physics assessment but pulled it back and got 13th in yr 11)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)