Neuroscience @ unsw or usyd? (1 Viewer)

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Hi all,
was wondering if someone knows whether neuroscience is better at unsw or usyd? I want to add a science degree to my current degree, so either: Advanced Science (Honours) at UNSW or Advanced Studies (Neuroscience) at usyd. Which uni is better for science? I'm currently at unsw but don't mind transferring to usyd :)

Thanks

quickoats

HSC
What is your current degree at UNSW? I would be inclined to say just stick at UNSW otherwise you might have to repeat a bunch of similar units.

idkkdi

HSC
i seem to have this idea that usyd traditionally has the better brain surgeons.
so i would suppose for neuroscience, usyd.

dasfas

HSC
Neither, they're both good - what matters more is a) the commute b) how you vibe with the campus c) what degree progression you like more/which one has more interesting higher level units d) which uni has more opportunities that interest you.

Last edited:

flowerp

HSC
N/A
What is your current degree at UNSW? I would be inclined to say just stick at UNSW otherwise you might have to repeat a bunch of similar units.
My current degree is commerce (information systems) which I do not enjoy. Really regret not starting with a science degree as I was worried about job prospects but now I've realised that I should follow my interests.

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Neither, they're both good - what matters more is a) the commute b) how you vibe with the campus c) what degree progression you like more/which one has more interesting higher level units d) which uni has more opportunities that interest you.
a) usyd is closer but not by much b) I've found the vibe @ unsw to be okay but don't mind moving to usyd (it's been hard to make friends because of covid + I'm not really one to join the societies @ unsw) c) I don't really know much about the degree progression (hence my question here) but I'm hoping to apply for med next year - so I guess I want a science degree that will set me up well for the gamsat

quickoats

HSC
My current degree is commerce (information systems) which I do not enjoy. Really regret not starting with a science degree as I was worried about job prospects but now I've realised that I should follow my interests.
Honestly you won’t be getting much credit out of the Infosys degree either way so USyd isn’t a bad idea. Might be good to get a fresh start. For t3, maybe enrol in a couple of the foundation science units like Chem 1A or something so you can get some credits at usyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)