New Changes at Mq? (1 Viewer)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Besides the more obvious signs of "change" at Mq - i.e. the new less appealing logo and the changes in faculties etc; what has actually "changed" from the level of a Mq student's perspective? Has there been an explanation issued by Mq about precisely what it is that we are changing to and from?

The old logo with the light house was meant to symbolise Mq's culture of innovation. What is the new logo meant to symbolise? And, is this admitting that Mq clearly cannot claim to be "innovative" anymore?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the link - just had a look, all I can say is that it brought out the inner skeptic and got a few giggles because it read like something from a business textbook :rofl:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I still can't look at the new logo without seeing it as that dragon / worm photoshopped picture :lol:

mrbsting

HSC
lots of new signs around and new parking ticketing machines have been installed ... that's all i've gathered so far..

antisheep

HSC
While i see why they wanted to update their logo etc... i think it's a real shame they didn't incorporate the lighthouse into their new look. It wouldn't have been hard to do and I always really liked the symbology (be it a little cliched) of an educational institution as a lighthouse.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
While i see why they wanted to update their logo etc... i think it's a real shame they didn't incorporate the lighthouse into their new look. It wouldn't have been hard to do and I always really liked the symbology (be it a little cliched) of an educational institution as a lighthouse.
Apparently when they did their market research, the Lighthouse was not 'symbolic' and was too abstract, no one could 'identify' with it.

antisheep

HSC
Apparently when they did their market research, the Lighthouse was not 'symbolic' and was too abstract, no one could 'identify' with it.
haha, and what they've currently got was clearly the best solution to being too abstract =p...

It reminds me of the 2000 Olympic torches... now whenever i see the logo... i just think of the olympics...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)