New South Wales School of Languages (1 Viewer)

Hahahah...ha

HSC
I asked about this at my government school and they gave me a very vague answer because not many people do NSL at my school but:

I want to do a language course which is not offered at my school via New South Wales School of Languages, what are the chances that I will be accepted? (Considering that no one else from my school applies and thus, there are no problems with the quota requirements)

Thank you.

Cascade

HSC
Hi, I did this in Yrs 9 and 10, I don't believe there are any quota requirements. I think you'll just be accepted no problem. Which year are you in?

Cascade

HSC
So are you planning to do it for Yr 10 or for senior years? In any case, afaik there isn't a difference between the protocol for junior and senior years and certainly no quota to my knowledge. Go for it! :) + feel free to DM me for questions about the place, open days, the work, esp. if you're doing Russian.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I am doing French continuers via NSL , and i am the only person who does the language from my school. NSL is great- the material is very beneficial and relevant to HSC ( HSC style questions, and since it is government oriented they cover all the dot points, so there is no need to worry about missing content). Every week, you need to complete the work which is uploaded on moodle. This includes: "Quizzes" on moodle on the unit, and a workbook (which you can work on as a document) where you complete comprehension questions, listening, and writing exercises (this is on a weekly basis). You then send the document to your teacher, and they mark it and provide feedback! Also, every week, you phone your teacher for around 15-20 minutes and you answer a set of questions (which you prepare beforehand, no stress!), and they provide feedback on pronunciation, vocab, grammar, structures etc. I highly recommend NSL because so far, i am finding that i am able to keep up with the work (so long as a you dedicate your frees to to the language! DON'T SLACK OFF!) and doing a language is very beneficial, not only in the real world but it is a real break from the vigorous subjects such as science and maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)