new thread for new issue (1 Viewer)

cj_bridle

HSC
this is something new that hasnt been discussed in other threads so im starting a new one..

whats the deal with the missing week in the middle of the AUT summester.. my allocations have a week off at the end of march.

for example one goes: 10/3-24/3, 7/4-9/5

i dont wana sound like a nerd.. but why arent we going to classes during the week between these dates for example :S

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
generally... this is what you do with your timetable..

you look at what days you attend lectures/tutes and well go to them.

say if there's a holiday coming up or a mid-term break, your demonstrator will tell you so there's no alarm at all :) besides.. it'll spread like wildfire anyway if there's a holiday.

however main ones you gotta remember are mid-semester breaks which last for a week. and vice-chancellor week.. i think that's also a week.. or something like that... i think mid-semester break is more like tutorial week for the mid-semester exams.

aside from that.. don't worry about the dates at all. unless you really u need to play ahead

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Everyone gets 1 week mid semester break, known as Vice Chancellors week. It is a week off classes. Some faculties also offer another 1 week break as well, like IT and Engineering sometime during the semester and Business the week before the exam period, know as Faculty tutorial week or Stuvac for Business.

cj_bridle

HSC
awesome thanks everyone :D :D holiday after 4 weeks. i love it

T

timbk2

just keep in mind thats when you get most major assessments.

Tip: Try actaully get some work done during this week. I've yet to properly make use of a single VC week in 3 years. lol

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Does any other faculty have a split holiday this semester?

In humanities we have VC week (after week 4)... and then our faculty non teaching week is in week seven.

So we go to uni for four weeks... then have a week off... then go back to uni for another 2 weeks... then have another week off... then go back to uni for seven weeks. How weird is that?

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Does any other faculty have a split holiday this semester?

In humanities we have VC week (after week 4)... and then our faculty non teaching week is in week seven.
Eng is split as well..Tutorial week is week 10.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Week 10 makes more sense that week 7 in my opinion.... it's silly to come back for 2 weeks, then have a week off!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)