New version of SAM now available (1 Viewer)

Celestgirl

Smoothies
HSC
hux.. my uai prediction is too low... give me some clues plzz: i got 83.80 in sAM will it be higher or not for the actual one?? i need 85 suckss.. and will it be rounded to 84 and will that univ accepts me ??? if i got that mark?

Celestgirl

Smoothies
HSC
this is bad

i made a bet with my friend and i said to her that if my uai is lower than 85 i would join the sex party, but if i get higher than that, she is the one that will join. i am so scared..... and i am not ready to become a bitch

reprise

Celestgirl said:
hux.. my uai prediction is too low... give me some clues plzz: i got 83.80 in sAM will it be higher or not for the actual one?? i need 85 suckss.. and will it be rounded to 84 and will that univ accepts me ??? if i got that mark?
UAIs aren't rounded to the next whole number. There's no way to tell at this point what the cut-offs for this year's courses will be - some year's they're higher than for the previous year and some years they're lower.

reprise

redd said:
but does the UAI change?

.... will the UAI contribution be the same? as in 84 assesment + 85 exam = 85 assesment +85 exam?

No. The formula for moderating your year 12 marks to derive your HSC marks isn't the same as the formula used for determining your UAI.

The first moderates your year 12 marks so you can be compared to all other students who did the same subject. The second formula scales your marks so that you can be compared to all students who did the HSC this year.

redd

HSC
N/A
reprise said:
No. The formula for moderating your year 12 marks to derive your HSC marks isn't the same as the formula used for determining your UAI.

The first moderates your year 12 marks so you can be compared to all other students who did the same subject. The second formula scales your marks so that you can be compared to all students who did the HSC this year.
hmmm i dont quite get it. okay let me rephrase it.
When calculating the uai does UAC only use whole numbers;
(eg assesment 84: exam mark 85 : hsc mark 85) or will it use half marks as well i.e for the same example they would use 84.5.

Some_Guy

HSC
haha i love this thing. before our uai came out i calculated a very low and dissapointing uai from my results then when the uai came out it was even lower!!
talk about a double blow :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)