New Zealand - contiki? (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Im looking at going over there at the end of this year on my own, and was wondering if anyone's done any of the Contiki tours..

Im really bad at organising and deciding what to do, so id like some sort of pre-planning as well as some people to talk to lol. There are a few other independent bus tours that have a maximum of 10 days, so i thought i could combine a few of those...

What would you all recommend? What are the "must see" places or the ones that i could go without seeing?

Peartie

HSC
ive done Europe contiki and as much as i thought it would be bad it turned out really good

I want to do a NZ contiki as well and if i wasnt in europe it was going to be this christmas holidays

my must see is Queenstown and the whole adventure area of NZ but thats because thats the kind of thing im into :p but ive never really been to NZ so cant help you out that much

rozymisty

HSC
At the moment i have a NZ trip planned with contiki and it sounds good. Im doing the scenic southern and bay of islands. Ive almost paid off the trips and am planning on going nov 18th. But with work the way it is, i dont think thats going to happen...i may have to postpone the trip coz of money and work screwing me around

that bloke

HSC
I would suggest the kiwi explorer buses as opposed to Contiki. If you haven't booked already that is. I used them in the 04/05 summer break. They run a fleet of buses round a circuit much the same as Contiki whereby you can hop-on and hop-off whenever and where ever you like, and just wait a day or two for the next bus to come through. The flexibility to stay in un-expectedly amazing places for longer is great, and if you hear about something amazing that's not on the circuit you can still go and experience it. Contiki means a fixed itinerary with no freedom or flexibility. and also if you find you have a bunch of dickheads on your Contiki bus, you're stuck with 'em. With the Explorer buses you can always wait for the next bus to come through with a hopefully better crowd.

rozymisty

HSC
I went to the Brisbane backpackers expo today and there was a NZ couple there who told me that if you are going to milford sound, you should increase your vitamin b intake as the sandflies are nasty over there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)