No sequence & series >_> maybe because of 2u? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I was disappointed there weren't any superannuation/deposit questions (well not to my memory)... focussed so much on them. Possibly because they were asked in 2u they didn't think to ask them again in 3? o_O

*shrugs* Also not that much on trig.. which was surprising >_>

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
me too (i mentioned in my other thread)... ;_;

they wer the best!! and they give 3 or 4 marks >_<

banana_hammock

HSC
Ditto

That was the one thing I was comfortable with. I guess it's really a 2u topic... but you know, they could have inflated our confidence just a tad if they included one =)

stv_87

HSC
not to mention the binomial expansion crap, i know there was a find the term independent one but how often do those soughts of prove this questions come up in the final question making it virtually impossible to do well in the last q. i conceded before the exam that i would lose 4-5 marks on that section subsequently condeding a band lower than what my other work deserves, though i was a little disappointed with no money questions, but u give a little and u get a little. there was a lot of integration (volumes random) good though and differentiation thre was a lot

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I forgot binomial theorem >_> ... also forgot binomial probabilty >_> Took me a few minutes to remember everything!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
they put differentiation via 1st principles- thats 2unit stuff

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I totally forgot how to do f(x+h) and stuff... I ended up experimenting by doing a really basic y= 3x^2 and seeing how it worked.. and then applying it to the question. That's how I seem to end up doing a lot of Qs >_>

ssejmah

HSC
Yeah... and where were Permutations and Combinations???

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Huratio said:
they put differentiation via 1st principles- thats 2unit stuff
But funny how I forget 2U stuff whilst doing 3U... (yeh, I didn't do it *cries*)

And sefy!! You Luckky >_< HAha!!

stef.

wasnt this a series and sequences thread...

anyway..series and sequences hasnt been asked in the 3u paper in donkey years..so i guess they wouldn't start now..would they

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I was doing a practice paper and it had superannuation.. and stephanie, usually when something isn't done for a while, doesn't that imply that there's a good chance it'll be in the next one?

Btw as for p&c- the probability one sortof counts as... part of the topic; but i guess that's as close as it got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)