No Study For Hsc (1 Viewer)

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
did anyone not study for the hsc in the holidays and only studied like the night b4 each exam?
what uai did u get
i did that and got 79, plus i also got EAS form......
i have no regrets on not studying... plus at my uni we get 3 bonus uai for being locals, not that it matters as i already got accepted into UOW

Winston

HSC
Well i remember i kept holding it back fro english

i ended spending 1 whole week and made only 2 pages of notes lol and i crammed like crazy till 4 in the morning for english exam, and for maths well i did one day early preparation and did some past papers, and food tech and software i was kind of deciding between the both and chose to study a little for software and food tech i studied in the morning like 2 hrs before the exam and IT lol i dont think i studied much since i wasted all my study time helping people in the forum. but yeah i'm happy with my uai i got 84.45, and i also applied for EAS.

Saul

*ss
HSC
i didn't study in the holidays before the HSC, but i studied quite hard during stuvac - i got 98.85

dieselboi

Hey, yah i hardly studied in the holidays before the exams..
I went to Perth for a week two weeks before the exams, it really fucked my schedule but i had an awesome time and i didn't get to study at all.. and then when i got back i just didnt have the motivation-so i crammed like the weekend before english-->vvveryy toight. and the night before every other exam! i am still happy, but yeah i wish i worked harder towards the end. fingers crossed for COFA

Last edited:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
well...i studied a lot in the hols before HSC......actually i studied the whole year, hardly went out n stuff......

so just keep studying' hard n u will be fine!!
gudluck!

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I didn't study AT ALL during the holidays b4 the exams or DURING the exam period. I studied the NIGHT B4...omg, and I'm surprised! Esp. studying for ext maths the night b4 and trying to cram all past papers in like 30 mins b4 the exam. I managed 93.15......I still don't believe it, I go to a public local school and I'm not gifted talented etc. I don't recommend this ...... maybe I could have gotten a higher UAI if i actually put more effort in. :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
I didn't study AT ALL during the holidays b4 the exams or DURING the exam period. I studied the NIGHT B4...omg, and I'm surprised!
yeah same here - i work well under pressure...
but thats just me

i got over 90.. but not gonna say what exactly :)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I procrastinated the entire hols and stuvac period b4 the HSC bcos of nervousness, tiredness and boredom.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by SXC_DRAGON_BOY
did anyone not study for the hsc in the holidays and only studied like the night b4 each exam?
what uai did u get
i have no regrets on not studying... plus at my uni we get 3 bonus uai for being locals, not that it matters as i already got accepted into UOW
I don't understand, are you saying you are proud of the fact you were lazy and indifferent, or are you making excuses for not reaching your potential?

Either way, its pretty pathetic.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It isn't pathetic if you still manage to reach your goal... It may be stupid, but if there is no need for the work then why bother?

puffkenny

HSC
I didnt study for IT until like 3 nights b4 the exam, where I didn't even know jack about the course b4 that. But the good people in BOS helped me reach 92, 8th in the state for the course. O yeh, and i got 92.75 and crammed a fair bit b4 all exams ahhh welll

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i didn't study all year, only nights b4 assesments and my trials, i also crammed 2 weeks b4 the hsc. so i think i got a maximun uai from so little study (76.60)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
It isn't pathetic if you still manage to reach your goal... It may be stupid, but if there is no need for the work then why bother?
A goal is different to your best. I don't see how you can be so proud of not doin your best. Its not impressing anyone, so why brag?

is a roflcopter
HSC
i agree with ms 12

whatever uai people get, good for them
no one gives a shit how they got it

Aaron1911

Originally posted by Ms 12
A goal is different to your best. I don't see how you can be so proud of not doin your best. Its not impressing anyone, so why brag?
He takes pride in the fact that it took him little effort to achieve his goals as opposed to some others who very well may have worked their ass off for a mark like that. He's really proud of all that untapped potential he will probably never use in his life.

ilovemrchips

Well I'll just take this opportunity to actually show you why studying pays off if you want to improve your marks

For Advanced English i got 58% and came 64th out of 84 in half-yearlies because I didn't answer a question. Luckily it didn't count as an assessment so I wasn't bothered

For the trials, which did count, I answered everything and got 58% and came 66th out of 84 (hahaha the irony). Then i started to worry a bit...

So I worked my arse off for english in stuvac for 3 weeks and wrote about 3-6 timed practise essays everyday (mind you these were the only practise essays i'd written all year)

And i ended up getting 93 for an exam mark in the hsc

SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY:

If you want to suffer and burn and have no life in stuvac because you want a good mark but have fuct around for a year, by all means, don't study.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by SXC_DRAGON_BOY
what uai did u get
I didn't exactly NOT study... but people will be shocked to know the amount of time I have spent procrastinating. I guess my maximum study hour was about 4 hours. but then again, most days I only studied for about 1-2 hours and some with no study at all.

The subjects that I have studied the most were english adv and maths, in particular english. the idea is to work consistently during the year. I realise that's what has paid off the most!

and my UAI is in the high 90's.

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Aaron1911
He takes pride in the fact that it took him little effort to achieve his goals as opposed to some others who very well may have worked their ass off for a mark like that. He's really proud of all that untapped potential he will probably never use in his life.
So he is trying to devalue those that actually worked hard to achieve their best? That is just as sad and pathetic. If I were him Id be ashamed of myself knowing that I could have achieved some awesome things. But I guess some people are satisfied with mediocrity....

Oh and well done ilovemrchips, thats the initiative and determination I respect in a person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)