not so many business first years during today's orientation (1 Viewer)

blackromanc3

HSC
Yessh I agree, I saw heaps of science today though. I too was looking for making friends with Business students since I haven't done it in high school as much so I'll need as much help as I need (Doing Bus and Med Science).

Oh BTW I was guy in the red shirt on top of the hoody with the black globe cap in skinnies LOLOL.

A significant number of ppl left tho after the welcoming....

layzeehbum

HSC
Yessh I agree, I saw heaps of science today though. I too was looking for making friends with Business students since I haven't done it in high school as much so I'll need as much help as I need (Doing Bus and Med Science).

Oh BTW I was guy in the red shirt on top of the hoody with the black globe cap in skinnies LOLOL.

A significant number of ppl left tho after the welcoming....
i dun think i seen u around dere... lol there's way 2 many ppl
lol yeah way 2 many science ppl. thats y i only met 1 girl who's doing business as well. meh n i came late during the welcome... i couldnt stand the "studying @ uts" sessions though... it was so freakin long, it makes me wanna sleep but i dun want 2 coz its embarassing...the guy is a bit funny though

zer.0.ne

HSC
lol i missed the o'day but ill go to the o'festival if it worth it =/

cya there lol.. ill be lookin out for the guy in red and skinny jeans :p

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
haha there was a business orientation today? i went for the general thing, whoops

whathe?

HSC
Im doing the business degree, i went to the orientation on monday, but i couldnt find any business students. Weird turn up

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
was going to rock up to o day to cause some trouble....but couldnt be fucked.

o day is a total waste of time.

thanhrox

HSC
OMGOSH. there was a business orientation today? =|

i got this flyer that said there's a 'student welcome' which i'm going to... is that orientation too?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
There are too many business students... many of them come to lectures in suits. On that note, avoid coming to a lecture in a suit, unless you need to wear one for your job. Not as cool as people believe.

layzeehbum

HSC
There are too many business students... many of them come to lectures in suits. On that note, avoid coming to a lecture in a suit, unless you need to wear one for your job. Not as cool as people believe.
lol lol r u srs?

i wouldnt evn bother dressing up just 2 attend one a lecture @ 6pm

thanhrox

HSC
ok dere's the biz faculty welcome 2moro...
anyone bothered 2 turn up? coz i dun see the point in coming...

i'm going! i really hope you guys are too or else i'll be lonered =="

today for the campus business tour... everyone looked old (like post post post grade) and they looked like they were all international students!

please tell me not everyone else is like that? =(

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC

today for the campus business tour... everyone looked old (like post post post grade) and they looked like they were all international students!

We have a majority internationally-born student body. Something like... 52% were not born in Australia (at least that's how it was in 2007). The old thing, I guess, depends. Unless you are exceptionally young, the people you meet in business will be about your age (although SOME, but not MOST, will look significantly older, mainly because they are). You may even get the opportunity to be in a group with a mature-age student for an assignment. Fun fun, my friend.

layzeehbum

HSC

lol but yeah most international students tend to do business...
im not coming 2 uts nemore till my first lecture on mondai coz ive been going 2 uts all week n i need a break o_O
listening 2 sumone's speeches for 1-2 hours is not my thing... dats y i dunno how im gonna survive during lectures..

roadcone

HSC
some of us don't have a choice but to attend uni ridiculously overdressed.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
some of us don't have a choice but to attend uni ridiculously overdressed.
I guess there are three cases here. The first is that you're a very well dressed homeless man, who only owns a (very clean) suit. The second is that you come directly from or are going to work after class. The third is that for whatever reason, be it dare, punishment or challenge, you're forced to wear a suit lest you face some form of (further) punishment.. Any of these situations are acceptable.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
We have a majority internationally-born student body. Something like... 52% were not born in Australia (at least that's how it was in 2007). The old thing, I guess, depends. Unless you are exceptionally young, the people you meet in business will be about your age (although SOME, but not MOST, will look significantly older, mainly because they are). You may even get the opportunity to be in a group with a mature-age student for an assignment. Fun fun, my friend.
Wow, it is that high.

Some mature-age students are really good in group work. I would certainly pick a mature-age student over an international student for a group assignment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)