Note Taking Opinions for Year 11 (Writing digitally on iPad vs on paper) (1 Viewer)

UMC

HSC
Hey all,

Kind of a trivial matter, but heading into Year 11 next year, I'm not too sure if I should go buy a few binders and hand write notes or write them digitally using note taking apps with an iPad.

Is it more of a preference thing or is one more beneficial and effective than the other? (Should I try both over the Summer holiday and see how it goes?)

(Just in case this makes a difference, but my chosen subjects are: Ext 1 English, Ext 1 Maths, Modern History, Biology and Physics)

Thanks!

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't matter at all what ever is the most convenient and works best for you for memorising. Some people memorise better in writing others prefer typing because their handwriting might be messy. When I was in high school I would type notes and I did well there and then later at uni for some reason idk why I started writing on paper and still marks have not changed. It's more just about actually using the notes to study rather than the way you make them

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all,

Kind of a trivial matter, but heading into Year 11 next year, I'm not too sure if I should go buy a few binders and hand write notes or write them digitally using note taking apps with an iPad.

Is it more of a preference thing or is one more beneficial and effective than the other? (Should I try both over the Summer holiday and see how it goes?)

(Just in case this makes a difference, but my chosen subjects are: Ext 1 English, Ext 1 Maths, Modern History, Biology and Physics)

Thanks!
Yep Jazz pretty much summed it up. For a lot of subjects you probably don't even need to write notes imo. I actually never wrote notes for any of my subjects in the HSC except for English. I found that just reading directly from the textbook was good enough.

UMC

HSC
Doesn't matter at all what ever is the most convenient and works best for you for memorising. Some people memorise better in writing others prefer typing because their handwriting might be messy. When I was in high school I would type notes and I did well there and then later at uni for some reason idk why I started writing on paper and still marks have not changed. It's more just about actually using the notes to study rather than the way you make them
Alright, thanks Jazz!

kikiuuy

HSC
Hey all,

Thanks!
is there a ex 2 English ? just curious, im in y10

vinlatte

HSC
is there a ex 2 English ? just curious, im in y10
Yes, but it is taken in yr 12. When a student is in yr 11, they should take advanced to do extension 1. Then in yr 12, they can take ext 2 alongside ext 1 and adv.

It's similar to maths however with ext 2, adv is not compulsory due to how the units are counted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)