NSW SOO II team named (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
No Kimmorley *dances*

http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11711

NSW team named for Origin II

6 June 2005

The NSW team to play Queensland in the second game of the 2005 State of Origin series at Telstra Stadium on June 15 was named today.

The team is:

Anthony Minichiello, Matt King, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Luke Rooney, Braith Anasta, Trent Barrett, Jason Ryles, Danny Buderus (capt), Luke Bailey, Nathan Hindmarsh, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Kennedy.

Interchange: Craig Wing, Andrew Ryan, Steve Menzies, Steve Simpson.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Shit ay, didn't notice that.

Watmough is gone as well.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
That's what Kimmorley gets for playing shit in the first origin and no better the last 2 weeks. He needed to prove himself and he didn't so he is gone.

And I think Grothe should have replaced Rooney. He has been in good form all year and outplayed him yesterday when the eels played the panthers. Maybe next time.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
samuelblayden said:
bull he did they talked it all about it yesterday on abc radio
you really think johns had a chance over gower,anasta,orford? Not after 1 game after 2 months off.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
The only reason he would have had the slightest chance is because every commentator orgasms when he touches the ball. He's a good player, but just because he's Andrew Johns doesn't guarantee him the halfback position for NSW.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
tjats gay..fuckin orford should b there....or as a 2nd pick gower....

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Pfft Gower? He hasnt been playing too good, plus last year he's origin games were bad

and Johns had NO chance. He's only played about a few games in 2 years. NO match fitness

HSC
I think Barett and Anasta are too similar - they both run the ball alot and don't have the best of kicking games. I would've rather seen Orford, maybe when he gets to Manly he'll get the credit he deserves.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Go the beaver!

Grothe should get a start soon provided he keeps up his form, perhaps not this year but next. Rooney has been good though, and both are potent finishers so its not THAT big of a loss :)

Anasta and Barrett should be good to see those two in action. I think what Kimmorley showed in the first game was if NSW get dominated, we cant have smaller halves who require that pushing from the front, we need those who can run to actually give themselves some space when the rest are going backwards.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That's what Kimmorley gets for playing shit in the first origin and no better the last 2 weeks. He needed to prove himself and he didn't so he is gone.

And I think Grothe should have replaced Rooney. He has been in good form all year and outplayed him yesterday when the eels played the panthers. Maybe next time.
Hell yeah, Grothe is in the best form of his career and watching him yesterday compared to rooney, grothe played a lot better. I certainly hope he gets into the side for game 3, if he keeps playing as well as he is I don't see how they can't pick him.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
nsw call 2 anasta:

"oi braith, stay in league, here's a SOO spot mate"

i reckon they shudda employed similar tactics to last year, bring timmo out of SOO retirement (freddy did it) and play timmo as f-e and barrett at half, timmo is mainly there as a defensive half and that would close down lockyer, he can also kick field goals ;)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
why was watmogh left out of the side?

Noddy needs a second chance, and yes, im agreeing, anasta is wayyy overrated, and no, andrew johns never had a chance - hes too much of a liability, hed get injurd like 10 seconds into the game and then NSW would b one man down the whole game

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Mainly cause you would probaly have Menzies over Watmough any day, especially in a must win situation for the blues.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Loz#1 said:
No Kimmorley *dances*

http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11711

NSW team named for Origin II

6 June 2005

The NSW team to play Queensland in the second game of the 2005 State of Origin series at Telstra Stadium on June 15 was named today.

The team is:

Anthony Minichiello, Matt King, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Luke Rooney, Braith Anasta, Trent Barrett, Jason Ryles, Danny Buderus (capt), Luke Bailey, Nathan Hindmarsh, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Kennedy.

Interchange: Craig Wing, Andrew Ryan, Steve Menzies, Steve Simpson.
ditto... kimmorley lost it 4 us in the first game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)