Nursing/Looking into universities (1 Viewer)

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC
Hey,

I'm just at the stage of looking into the different universities offering a Bachelour of Nursing. Just wondering who does nursing and what uni they go to, if they like it, if they live close by ect..

Right now i'm really interested in UTS but i'm open as I live in Glenmore Park and am a little concerned with the amount of travelling.

Thanks so much to anyone who replies
:)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i went to UTS. it was alright. started at Newcastle, it was crap but they've since changed their programme completely. i liked living up there.
lived in Chatswood for 2nd year. back with p'rents in Emu Plains the 3rd year.

all the unis are kind of crap in their own way. at the end you all end up with the same degree and, unless you take on part-time nursing work, the same small amount of practical experience.

i recommend looking into doing your Enrolled Nursing course and then doing the 2 year course at UTS.

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC

I'm still not 100% on where I want to go.
UWS is a great option for me because I live so close, but at the same time I have heard alot of great things about UTS and I wouldn't mind a change of scenery from Western Sydney.

So much to think about.

rozymisty

HSC
haha i had placement start last week as well. Im at the Royal Brisbane.

If you were living in Qld, Id probably recommend ACU if you want a smaller group, QUT is the main one, and theyve changed the course to make it better, and UQ is really good in that you have like 3 days a wk in a hospital rather than say a 2-4 wk block, so its eaisier to keep working that way. Only problem is that its out at Ipswich, and unless you have a car, or money for a taxi to the train, its not really practical to get out there. And sometimes Ipswich can be a bit dodgy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)