Nutrition and Dietetics (1 Viewer)

rachyyyyy07

HSC
Hey all !

I would love to study Nutrition and Dietetics at Uni, but I've researched and i see the only places that offer it are : USyd, UNewc, UoW and Charles Sturt

I would prefer to do the course in Sydney, but UAI for Syd is too high.
Are there any other Uni's that offer this course in Sydney?

And if you do it, what it like ?

Thanks !!

chomp

HSC
At UWS you can do nutrition and the UAI is quite low. I'm in the same situation as you, im goin to try to get to syd uni tho. I heard UWS is not very ruputable though

loz8888

HSC
i really want to study nutrition as well but i really want to go to syd. the UAI is really high but hopefully ill be able to work really hard to achieve that mark

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
CSU do a lot of their courses via distance, is this an option for you?

I wanted to do my degree at UTS but didn't have the marks, so I did my first year at Newcastle and transferred. It was a pretty easy process and had credit for nearly all my 1st year subjects.

Another option would be to complete a qualification through TAFE and then apply to USyd using your TAFE marks and again applying for some credit (RPL).

Any particular reason why you can't move away? After moving to Newcastle I would've stayed there, had the course been what I wanted. You might be surprised how much you enjoy living elsewhere :)

claire_bear

claire_bear
HSC
Hey im currently studying nutrition and dietetics/exercise and sports science at sydney. Im going into my 3rd year and im enjoying it. Have a search under nutrition in some of the other threads iv written some diff replies bout the degrees. Feel free to email me with questions or add me to msn mischeivious_muffin@hotmail.com i would be happy to help. One thing i must say though is sydney uni is the only uni in sydney that is accredited by the dieticians association of australia. This is a must when practicing as a dietician. Without this job prospects are greatly limited. So UWS is prob not the best decision... its more of a food tec course... lol i did my research too.
I'm sure ull make the right decision:)
Regards,
Claire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)