Office 365 for iPad (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not too bad. I was posted to Manhattan a few years ago and I remember back then I was amazed that my internet speed in my apartment was 40Mbps down and up- and it was convenient for Facetime and sending videos to friends and family back home.

For what it's worth though, the internet speed in Australia was much faster than my place in New Zealand (I was posted there earlier this year) and I averaged up to 5Mbps both inside my serviced apartment as well as at public wifis (free and paid hotspots).

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Would recommend, 9/10. I bought it for school. The only expensive part for the surface is the keyboard, costing around $150 non-negotiable (owned by Microsoft)
I think its possible to buy similiar non-ms branded keyboards.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Not too bad. I was posted to Manhattan a few years ago and I remember back then I was amazed that my internet speed in my apartment was 40Mbps down and up- and it was convenient for Facetime and sending videos to friends and family back home.

For what it's worth though, the internet speed in Australia was much faster than my place in New Zealand (I was posted there earlier this year) and I averaged up to 5Mbps both inside my serviced apartment as well as at public wifis (free and paid hotspots).
You've basically travelled the world working for your job?
I think its possible to buy similiar non-ms branded keyboards.
Say waaat? Lady at Harvey Norman said people haven't developed 'fake' ones yet...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You've basically travelled the world working for your job?
I guess so. I put my hand up to travel.

Say waaat? Lady at Harvey Norman said people haven't developed 'fake' ones yet...
Don't get too worried. I doubt third party will exceed first party quality at a cheaper than first party price if you're trying to find an exact replica of the Surface Pro keyboards. That being said, you could've just used an ordinary Bluetooth keyboard.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess so. I put my hand up to travel..
I wanna do that as well, travel due employment.

How much did you get your iPad keyboard ?, I am thinking to buy something similar..but would it make any different from typing on screen ?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wanna do that as well, travel due employment.

How much did you get your iPad keyboard ?, I am thinking to buy something similar..but would it make any different from typing on screen ?
I bought the Logitech K480 in Singapore for about $50aud equivalent. This is more of a desktop keyboard for someone with multiple devices as it's quite heavy and designed to connect to multiple things easily. I bought my girlfriend the Logitech Type+ keyboard case for iPad Air2 which was about $110aud equivalent. (a quick look online using staticice shows that the prices are pretty consistent or thereabouts).

K480 : http://www.megabuy.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=519861&ref=ShopBot

Type+ : http://store.apple.com/au/product/H...9ebb81d4d1452935379feb14cb2a1ca1dc0f978640ba4
Typing on the keyboard is a lot faster if you're a touch typist, it means you aren't trying to hold your iPad at an angle which you can type and see the screen at the same time, and it also means you can see more content rather than keyboard. When using on screen keyboard in say Word, it takes up nearly half the screen so you lose out on seeing a lot of content.

The keyboard also has more buttons and shortcut keys... they aren't as good as a real PC's shortcuts but they're good enough for most people including myself. I like having the directional arrows for example to move between words/cells/etc in Word/Excel, using keyboard shortcuts to cut/paste bold/italics, and the tab button is infinitely more useful than the on screen keyboard's positioning of the < and > arrows to move between fields.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought I would post an update, I'm still using the K480 a lot at work and love it. It's a little on the noisy side but it's the perfect keyboard which doesn't interrupt workflow as I change between devices, and better yet, it holds my iPad up either portrait or landscape in case I want to use it for various apps (e.g. Sametime) or just to keep an email open right in front of me.

I also bought myself a Logitech Keys to Go. It's a really lightweight (200g?) and super thin keyboard. I find myself carrying my iPad Air 2 and the keyboard with me inside an A5 leather compendium which looks professional/tidy, and always ensures no matter where I am, I can pick up my work from where I left off. Its great. I'm using it right now to type this.

(on another note, before I bought the keyboard I tried my Typing Test app in the store and was still able to get decent results- albeit about 10%-20% slower than when I'm using the K480 but this was my first time trying to use it properly before buying)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)