Office Junior (1 Viewer)

miss-smexy

HSC
Has anyone worked as an Office Junior at a Law firm? If you have, or know of someone who has, I have a few questions:

+ Is it a good opportunity which will allow you to progress later?
+ Can you do this casually/part-time?
+ What work does this involve?
+ Are the things that you learn on the job useful to your uni course?

= Jennifer =

HSC
the only office juniors i know working in law firms are not law students but rather school leavers. Law students usually take jobs as law clerks or paralegals :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its hard to find someone who wants an office junior part time/casual. Your best bets are to check the uni career websites for law clerk/paralegal positions or rock up to solicitors offices and see if they want a student. Other ppl I know got these kind of jobs by knowing people.

It can be helpful if you are working with the same subject areas as you are studying but most of all it looks good on a CV and future employers like people who can balance work, study and get decent grades :)

Don't be discouraged if you don't get one straight away as they often want someone in 3-5th year *this does not mean you cannot get one earlier but it is a bit harder* and lots of law students want these jobs and there aren't that many that are suitable. Just keep at it :) Good luck

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
fnkychk said:
what do they want from you when they ask 'how long would you plan on staying with us?"
"Forever. Also, I am willing to bear your children sir, did you want a coffee?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)