Official Question 1 Thread - Textual Analysis (1 Viewer)

S

S. Inzaman

easiest piece of shit ever!! good luck to everyone else if u need it...i certainly wont!

psycho_mushy

HSC
let's see these are my opinions on it:

Text One:
wasn't too hard.... but yeah took a bit long than expectant

TExt Two:
the text given was actually a bit hard to decrpt... it said "how" so I picked out the best I can, the techniques invovled...
the poem was pretty hard to pick up on much except I said that:

1) the stress of the "how
2) after the "how" there are words that demonstrate the "change" such as "brief"
3) and the sentences don't complete properly, enjambment! I forgot about this and I feel so sad right now...
4) I also mentioned that the composes added short sentences to slow down the reader to give the reader a chance to absorb what he/she has just read

TExt Three:
TExt three wasn't too bad... again when it came to "analyse" I instantly picked up that I had to fine techniques...

The techniques I picked up at the last two paragraphs was imagery and ellusion to historical events... and the short sharp sentences again, "Their universe was fixed"

All three text:
I found that I ran out of time on this question and spent an extra 5 mins of the allocated 40 mins... I was pretty disappointed... I tried to fit everything I could I can... the texts I chose were text one and text three... text two was in collouquial terms "random" and it was pretty hard to pick out anything

Overall, I was pretty disappointed at myself in this section... although regarded as child's play... text two really crippled my efforts as spotting techniques was pretty hard in that one I think...

anyway.. onto section 2

tempco

HSC
I didn't get to finish the question regarding "how" for text three... just couldn't think of much. I mentioned the metaphor of space being a balloon, as well as the descriptive language dealing with change. Hrmrm... =_=

Mathematician

well i went shit...

Do u know for the last q here. I didnt really make refrence to like words in it. I just said shit like.

In my opinion text 2 and text 3 are most relevance to the understanding the concept of change. I go they we're the best presented in style or something and are good because of the several interpretations u can make of hem.( since the allusions or metaphors provide different meanings) and are good in relation to immediacy ... . Also visual and linguistic devices most appropritate to purpose of understanding change and other shit like this without examples i wanted to move to next q - time killing me.

Is this all wrong????? will i get bad?? can i get a 3?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i thought it was pretty hard as it didn't have any literary devices that screamed out at you. i wasn't sure what i had to say because it seemed to be asking pretty literal stuff like, 'name a change' so that was weird.
the texts were an essay, poem and prose. hmm, no visuals.

bMaN oNe

HSC
Well i think i answered all pretty substantially, except for the last question, i only jsut started, then found that i was at 40mins, so i moved on, so ive lost atleast 4 marks there maybe 5 :(

Inca

I didn't mind it, I took too much time on the 2nd question and so I ran out of time for the 3rd, but I think I scribbled enough down to go okay... lets hope

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I thought I did quite well, made sure I focussed on techniques, and mentioned the number of things in relation to mark value. I was also happy that question 3 was only 5 marks in instead of 9, they spread them out a bit better

bjMaxx

was text two about September 11?
a friend of mine suspects it was.
if so... oops.

s2ophie

HSC
I thought it was pretty fair. i ended up saying text 1 and 2 were most effective. what did everyone else say? it did take a while to do though

Leap

free falling
HSC
I said texts 2 and 3 were most effective, because I could find more techniques in them.
During reading time I looked at all the texts and kinda freaked out - where are the techniques?! but I managed to find enough in the end.

Inca

I said text 1 and 3 were most effective, but thats cause I dont understand poems as well

Kiya

I forgot all about the how and all that, oh crap!! sept 11? the poem?? god i hope not

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I said Text's 1 and 3 were most effective but ran out of time to explain why text 2 was poor. It didn't matter tho I went through as many techniques I could come up with i.e. assonance, juxtaposition, personification, imagery, enjambment... left out stacato damn damn damn. *bangs head* ah well i was stressed. It is the HSC after all.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I spend fifty minutes on this question, trying to find techniques etc. but in the end I still found hardly any. This really hurt me in section three because I only had about thirty five minutes to write that speech:(.

In part (C) in chose text one and three because I didn't understand the poem all that well:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)