Official Question 2 Thread - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Benno

HSC
i spoke about the mobil coz i thought no one else would, seems i was right which mean mine will stand out,
Mwuhahahahaha

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
did a nice cliched story on bushfire
bushfire burned down my house, i changed.
good - o

Lemon

Lol, or you could just be completly wrong... hehehe. j/k. sounded pretty good.

Oi, we werent meant to indicate at the top pf the page what pic we were using or anything crazy were we?

I hope not cause i didnt.

and whats this about a bushfire?!?!

are you talking about the wheat field with the black clouds on the horizon one?

cause thats the one I used... and im hoping it wasnt a bushfire... it was set at a music festival...

I wrote it last night :)

Twas about a 5yr old going to a music festival (not understanding anything that was going on) then they hear a guitar being played, and then years later it is them on stage, then years later again they were an old man who couldent play as they were too old to experience the atmosphere, which had been lost in the passage of time.

I dunno if was too much about change, but I hope they see it the way I meant it...

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I wrote about witnessing the death of JF Kennedy and how I lost faith in my wonderful America. Showing how I no longer loved singing the national anthem "god bless america" and yada yada yada. And then I was leaving on a jet plane to a new land hoping it won't be as disappointing in the end. I wonder if the marker will deem that as cliched...

El_chupah_nebre

Meh... I did three pages but i must admit my handwriting is smaller than most prop 650- 750 words i recon. Plus remember quality is better than quantity! You could write a load of crap in 20 pages and get no marks so i dont really think page count is a great indicator of how well one went. i did the bushfire one and related to a psychological change, the fire being a representation of the mental anguish. I dont know if it would work... it was kinda lame!!

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by arls
I think i killed this section.. I used the fire as a stimulus as a metaphor for my 'fire' inside me, which was depression, and started off as a small spark as a child and grew as i grew older into a violent fire. Mine was pretty depressing,

i swore in the creative.. as i was a violent character, ya reckon markers would be offended? all i said was "Piss off ya bitch"

I read in some marker's guidelines we were given @ school that they don't like "teenage angst" in stories... its too cliched they say! who knows but eh

The guidelines we were given advised against writing about certain things, namely:

1/ death
2/ divorce
3/ the hsc
4/ anything 'angst-ridden' eg depression etc

I'm not raggin on u guys' stories ey.... don't shoot the messenger

Last edited:

stump

I didnt understand the relevance of the phone? were you supposed to mention that? or could it be one of the images? I just ignored it.

salli

hey guys i chose the wedding one (BECAUSE THATS VERY ORIGINAL!!!). I just wanted to know, i had the groom as a black guy... am i gona get penalised because the guy in the pic was white? did they want us to be literal or just use the concept of marriage as the basis?

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by stump
I didnt understand the relevance of the phone? were you supposed to mention that? or could it be one of the images? I just ignored it.

I don't think it mattered hey. I think it was more the actual pictures that mattered... it said choose one picture

Apathetic

I used the absailing image. I only got to write about 4 pages because I did it last, but I think I did the best I could in the time that I had.

revoltism

what? whats this using the Phone business
the BOS have really done it this time.. they use B/W pictures whihc make it harder for us to recognise what it is
they add stupid decorations like a phone but dont indicate if we need to refer to it or not
so how exactly can u respond properly?
people didnt even realise that the bussh fire picture was a bushfire! wtf is that?
it better be a bushfire coz i thought it was!

HOT_SAUCE

o i stuffed dis one so bad...i wrote abt the whole thing in general coz i was dumb and didnt read the question properly
like i wrote abt dis fone dat can take pictures, and i wrote abt the each pictures i took...like all 4 of them....and ended up wif 2 pages

will i get any marks for dis question?

HSC
another casualty of question 2 only had 5mins to make up some bullshit. I don't understand most of the pictures so i did the wedding one and that was a BIG mistake.

imaging if someone wrote september 11 for that plane one eh

Lemon

Originally posted by HaydenWicks
oh, it was a bushfire alright
Ive asked a few of my friends, and I think its debatable...

Like im sure now it was a bushfire, but im also kinda hoping I could pass with it being 'a wheat field with thick black storm clouds on the horizon... a storm was brewing...'

jesus... was the only dumbass in the entire state that thought it was anything but a bushfire???

Lemon

Originally posted by HaydenWicks
oh, it was a bushfire alright
Ive asked a few of my friends, and I think its debatable...

Like im sure now it was a bushfire, but im also kinda hoping I could pass with it being 'a wheat field with thick black storm clouds on the horizon... a storm was brewing...'

jesus... was the only dumbass in the entire state that thought it was anything but a bushfire???

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
okay- you know how the question said base the beginning or end of the story on one of the pictures... could you just use the picture as the middle, or just after the beginning.. or basically not necassarily as the very beginning or very end? do you think you'd lose marks if you still did all the important stuff (i.e, whats in the rubric, the picture of change thing, and USING an actual picture)?

crazyhobo

Originally posted by karnevil
do u guys like my story?
I'm not sure how much you would actually get for that since I'm sure it would be obvious to a marker that you had already written this, plus your connection to the picture was stretching it.

Personally though, I didn't really like it. I thought it was overly descriptive and found myself skimming of sentences and even paragraphs, trying to find something to actually happen.

PIE

Yeah this section of the exam i started about 5 times before i settled with sumthin totally unoriginal but it was kinda satirical so hopefully i'll get brownie points for that... One of my friends Emily did her story from the point of view of a grass hopper that was piked by a locust as a child so one day when there was a fire (eg the wheat farm fire pic) the locust was trapped and the grass hopper was gunna save him but then thought bak to the bullying etc and let him burn :p a lil sadistic i know but i thought it was kinda clever... I dunno how it relates to pictures directly but it related to the wheat one in a way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)